Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

honam1021

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I bought a air deflector and a pair of new intake fans for my G5, I realised that the intake fan header on the motherboard is faulty after I tested 2 pairs of intake fan. The fans won't spin unless I push the fan cable towards the processor heatsink. Is there anything I can do about it?

Sorry for bad english

alexrmc92

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2013
I bought a air deflector and a pair of new intake fans for my G5, I realised that the intake fan header on the motherboard is faulty after I tested 2 pairs of intake fan. The fans won't spin unless I push the fan cable towards the processor heatsink. Is there anything I can do about it?

Sorry for bad english

If yours is like mine (g5 quad)

the fan header is integrated into the support bar as a single harness. It also includes the water pump header. This all on one cable that is easy to replace.

honam1021

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
If yours is like mine (g5 quad)

the fan header is integrated into the support bar as a single harness. It also includes the water pump header. This all on one cable that is easy to replace.

Mine is a DP 2.0 (Mid 2003), it took me lots of effort just to find a air deflector in my region, should I try to bend the pins a bit?

honam1021

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I resolved the problem by sticking a folded piece of paper onto the fan connector.
attachment.php

I'll try to run ASD soon

Attachments

• IMG_0835.JPG
    IMG_0835.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 143

Swampus

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2013
Winterfell
I resolved the problem by sticking a folded piece of paper onto the fan connector...

:) If it works, it works. I broke the battery holder on one of my MDD boards. The battery is now held in place with a zip tie. Glad that you were able to find that air deflector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.