Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnnyDJunior

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
Before i switched to the S4 i was using the iPhone 5 and backed up my IOS 7 Beta 2 to iCloud.
Does anyone know if it can be possible to restore that backup once the Official IOS comes out so i have all my pics and other things intact

Planning on getting the iPhone 5s

pmontanarella

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Before i switched to the S4 i was using the iPhone 5 and backed up my IOS 7 Beta 2 to iCloud.
Does anyone know if it can be possible to restore that backup once the Official IOS comes out so i have all my pics and other things intact

Planning on getting the iPhone 5s

Even though I'd advise against it, as it may bring back bugs from beta 2, I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work. I may be wrong though.

Pietro

JohnnyDJunior

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
Even though I'd advise against it, as it may bring back bugs from beta 2, I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work. I may be wrong though.

Pietro

Your answer really makes sense

If i login with iCloud will i get my Contacts and Pictures and Email Synce without restoring the backup.(Forgetting how it all worked)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
If i login with iCloud will i get my Contacts and Pictures and Email Synce without restoring the backup.(Forgetting how it all worked)

That will get you contacts, calendar, email sync, etc, but not the pictures.

My advice would be to just restore from iCloud backup and don't worry about it. You can always restore (copy the pictures to your computer first before you restore) and set up as new if you do run into issues, but there's a good chance you won't have any problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.