Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Two new videos published today give a detailed look at the casings of the "champagne" colored iPhone 5S and the "graphite" 5S, which first showed up in photos earlier this week.

While there has been a non-stop stream of images and videos depicting the gold iPhone 5S, a video from TLD offers a good overview of both the casing and the structural differences between the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5.

When side-by-side, the graphite iPhone 5S is noticeably lighter in color than the existing black and slate iPhone 5, but as 9to5Mac points out, initial versions of the slate iPhone 5 were lighter in color as well. This suggests that the graphite iPhone 5S color variation may just be an early prototype rather than a new color that Apple plans to introduce.

The iPhone 5S will retain the same form factor as the iPhone 5, but it will include a number of upgrades including the aforementioned dual-LED flash, an improved processor, and a fingerprint sensor. It is also rumored to offer a better camera and new picture taking modes.

Apple is expected to debut the iPhone 5S and the low-cost iPhone 5C at an iPhone event that will take place on September 10, with the phones shipping on September 20.

Article Link: New Videos Depict 'Champagne' and 'Graphite' iPhone 5S Casings

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
Metalics for 5s, Groovy colors for 5c. I smell a Samsung commercial poking fun at Apple fans "It comes in Red... wow"

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Nice. It does seem like a 10% better battery fits in there. Plus improvements on energy i hope to see 15-20% better battery life:).

Still hope the fingerprint sensor and slowmotion filming come true as well though.

the411

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
Graphite looks nice. Better than slate, IMO.

Still sticking with a green iPhone 5C for my next-- IF it has a black front. :eek:

tbrand7

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2013
New York
Wow Tim. Just wow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 235

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Metalics for 5s, Groovy colors for 5c. I smell a Samsung commercial poking fun at Apple fans "It comes in Red... wow"

First they'd have to poke fun at every other phone manufacturer that offers colors....but that would include themselves. :p

Abobrek

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2012
The videos make the champagne color much more appealing. I think the graphite is what I will be getting though.

I am MOST interested in the iPad 5th Gen. back
image.jpg

Yet again, the Apple logo is transparent.
Either this is fake or the Apple is going to light up.

(Source: SonnyDickson.com)
There are other photos as well.

thisisdallas

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Cupertino, CA
Wow Tim. Just wow.

It's really not possible to mass produce such sought after products and expect there to be no leaks. No matter how many times Tim doubles down on secrecy, there will still be some lowly Chinese chain worker eager to sell off a few of the new iPhones to eager tech bloggers.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I still don't see them using the white border with the gold iPhone. You'd think it would be a light yellow/gold tone.

malnar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
The videos make the champagne color much more appealing. I think the graphite is what I will be getting though.

I am MOST interested in the iPad 5th Gen. back
View attachment 430575

Yet again, the Apple logo is transparent.
Either this is fake or the Apple is going to light up.

(Source: SonnyDickson.com)
There are other photos as well.
It's not transparent. The aluminum is polished there and therefore reflective. In that shot, the back is still covered by protective plastic, dulling reflections.

----------

Have there been any leaks of the slate back for the 5S? I'm starting to wonder if this graphite back is not a fourth color option but a replacement for slate instead. It just seems strange to me to have two very similar color options.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Damn damn damn, I'll take that graphite iPhone please! Way more appealing than white!

richeyty

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2013
I cant wait to see what apple will do....especially since we have no idea what they're planning

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.