Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

olup

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2011
I like the fact that you present all those numbers in a refreshing way, you could have just made a table.

However there are some things that I would improve:

the logo:

It's not very noticable and one isn't really able to tell, if it's a pig or something else. Also the position of the logo is something that could be changed.

secondary navigation:

I would delete the secondary navigation list on the right and either put it in the main navigation with a link including sub menu items or get rid of it entirely.

links in the content:
they are a little small, bump up the font size

sidebar:
Instead of having the facebook widget come first, put the newsletter widget on top, the latest comments second and then the facebook widget, if still necessary. You already have a facebook link in the social link navigation, so this may not necessary.

footer:
delete the second home link in the footer

You have a lot of sliding effects going on, if you want people to stay on your page, I would disable the automatic sliding effects in javascript/jquery.
Let the user decide, when he/she wants to move to the next image/content.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
Not a fan at all of the general layout and design, and will focus on that.

I don't mean to be harsh, but this looks like an early prototype design prior to being handed over to an experienced UX designer for final styling. I agree with olup who commented previously, and wish to add generally how much I dislike the advert being places ABOVE a menu nav (unless your host does that automatically) and the general misalignment of content heights and varied font sizes. I even see two home page links in the footer and Politicians nav link in the header seems out of position in Chrome, my browser.

This site seems unfinished and unpolished, and I get that this might be true and you're asking for feedback prior to a launch. But I see a real domain name and you did not detail if the site is new or whatever, so I assume this is a final production instance. Based on your "About Us" page, maybe not!

My general point is this site needs to be handed over to a good UX person, as the features and bells and whistles (scrolling regions, carousel, social networking integration) are excellent DEVELOPER additions.

One important suggestion -- consider adding some small text just below the title logo that better explains the purpose, i.e. "The place to find the Salaries of the Stars" or whatever better you can think of.

shelle

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2013
piggysalary site is very good, fast and clean.. it looks very nice..

NumeroTen

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
In the last few days i totally re designed my site, what do you think now.

Astroboy907

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2012
Spaceball One

My advice? Get a dark background behind your logo and change the font color to something lighter (to offset the new dark background). Overall nice site (especially for a high schooler!), better than I have done as a student :)
Another thing, I like using dark colors but not true black, like #222
Edit: a couple more things. I would recommend extending the nav bar to the black outside of the website (cleaner look), and making the pig a darker color. Overall nice site though!

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA

Excellent, but you should include a screen shot of the "before" so people reading comments prior to your last one will understand why those comments were made, plus it's good to see the growth of the site. Congrats on the new look and layout, it's a real winner.

Now, be honest - you didn't just redesign from scratch the entire site in 3 days - you found a theme and customized it to suit your needs (which is perfectly acceptable). I'm guessing Themnific/Wordpress, likely Ducos or Locks... Am I right? ;)

http://themnific.com/

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.