Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ah123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Does anyone know if there is a quick way of seeing reviews of app updates to know whether it is worth updating an app or not?

Currently the only way I know of is when I see an app update in the Updates section, to search for that app, then drill into it to see the reviews of said updated version.

Thanks in advance!

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Currently the only way I know of is when I see an app update in the Updates section, to search for that app, then drill into it to see the reviews of said updated version.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, what you said is the way. View the review section of the app and select current version. Look at the reviews.

ah123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Yes, what you said is the way. View the review section of the app and select current version. Look at the reviews.

Thanks.

Would be nice to be able to view the reviews of the latest update directly from the Updates section.

Will post to Apple (doubt they'll listen, but hey...)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thanks.

Would be nice to be able to view the reviews of the latest update directly from the Updates section.

Will post to Apple (doubt they'll listen, but hey...)
Can't do it directly in the updates section, but you can tap on the app itself in the updates section and go to it directly and view its reviews there (although it can be from the previous update or overall even, depending on how recent the new update might be and how things are set up for that app). At least you shouldn't need to go and search for the app though.

ah123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Can't do it directly in the updates section, but you can tap on the app itself in the updates section and go to it directly and view its reviews there (although it can be from the previous update or overall even, depending on how recent the new update might be and how things are set up for that app). At least you shouldn't need to go and search for the app though.

Maybe I'm missing something - when I click on the app in the Updates section, the 'What's New' bit expands down to show me the new features. It doesn't drill into the app to let me see the reviews of the latest version (or screenshots / etc..).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Maybe I'm missing something - when I click on the app in the Updates section, the 'What's New' bit expands down to show me the new features. It doesn't drill into the app to let me see the reviews of the latest version (or screenshots / etc..).
If I recall correctly, try tapping directly on the app icon itself and that should take you to its app page.

ah123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
If I recall correctly, try tapping directly on the app icon itself and that should take you to its app page.

Excellent! Don't know why I didn't think of clicking on the icon itself. Thanks for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.