Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac2thefuture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Lancashire, North West, UK
Hello.
I'm trying to use my ipad for work duties, this requires a lot of emails, emails that I create through the Numbers app.

I save an attachment in to an excel file and its creates an attachment separate to the email - these are always delivered to my recipients.

The very same document can be converted in to a PDF by Numbers, and the 'attachment' kind of embeds itself onto the mail ie its there in full screen glory, not a separate file like the excel version. These hardly ever make it to the recipients.

How can I successfully send pdf created with Numbers?

Thanks.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
I'm not entirely sure what you're describing when you say "I save an attachment into an Excel file", but:

most problems with attachments can be fixed in two ways:
1. Under Edit > Attachments, tick "Always send Windows-Friendly attachments".
2. Right click on the attachment to display it as an icon, rather a full preview of the file.

It's probably the Windows-friendly bit that will help: the attachment should be received regardless of whether it's an icon or a preview. I usually send as previews and haven't had any trouble.

mac2thefuture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Lancashire, North West, UK
Hi.
Can't right click from iPad.
See screen shot - excel format are always delivered. PDF's are not always delivered. Not sure why?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 47
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.