Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tido2012

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
I have AT&T DSL, their 6mb/s option and so far this has been an awful experience attempting to watch Netflix on ATV2. I have called AT&T just to complain and have even stayed on the line to allow their "tech" guys time to try and figure it out. They were ridiculously awful. I got the usual reset, blah blah blah and of course it did nothing. My ATV2 and PS3 are both wired via ethernet and even when ATV2 is the only thing running on my network, I still get horrendous lag (Every 2 min or so I get lag for about 10-20 seconds). I then tried Netflix on my PS3 last night, which is sitting right beside my ATV2 and sure enough, no lag. I was able to watch the entire dam movie without one single episode of lag. I since then tried connecting my computer, phone, gf's phone, and ipad to the network along with the PS3, and I had a couple of episodes of lag but not anywhere near as bad as the lag with ATV2 and Netflix. I really hope that someone figures out what they did wrong so that it can be fixed in the next patch.

I bought an ATV2 for my parents and they have 0 problems, they have Verizon FiOS at their location. I would order FiOS but it doesn't make economic sense to do so considering the only channel I watch is cnbc and sometimes fox business, both of which i can stream off the internet. I would sincerely recommend nobody that is attempting to buy ATV2 to watch netflix only or as their main reason to do so if they have AT&T internet at their house and cant get Verizon FiOs. This is coming from a guy with a MBP, iphone4, iphone 3gs, and ipad. With regards to my satisfaction for AT&T 3g service, I have 0 problems. I now know how those people with 3G problems with AT&T and the iphone felt and I must say that if I had these sorts of problems with my iphone I wouldn't have gotten one. Enough ranting for now.. :D

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Had issues with Netflix and ATV2 when I was trying to use the base 1.5MB/s internet connection that my condo fee paid for (Comcast). Since up grading to the 10MB/s service I have had no issues.

My better half and I just bought an ATV2 for their brother and sister-in-law. Not sure what speed they have for the net... but will be interested in seeing how Netflix works for them...

ctakim

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2006
Reviving an old thread, but I watched The Social Network on ATV2 for the first rental in a long time. Mostly have been using Netflix on my ATV2 wireless to my Airport Time Capsule, with a FiOS network. I've been amazed at how flawless the performance has been.

And the Netflix quality has definitely improved over the past year! This is a great value for $99!:)

gdeusthewhizkid

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
NY|NJ
Reviving an old thread, but I watched The Social Network on ATV2 for the first rental in a long time. Mostly have been using Netflix on my ATV2 wireless to my Airport Time Capsule, with a FiOS network. I've been amazed at how flawless the performance has been.

And the Netflix quality has definitely improved over the past year! This is a great value for $99!:)

Netflix has the social network already ?? I gotta watch it again...

Teddi

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2013
Netflix on ATV

I am having a major issue. On some movies and TV show there is no sound. On other shows the sound is just fine. A lot of the recently added shows do not have sound. Does anyone know why this is?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.