Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
No it doesn't. Apple's DND is a poor rip off of the call blockers from Android and doesn't work when needed. And I think the point of this thread is lost on you.

I think reading comprehension is lost on you. OP asked if this could be done, and yes it can be done. Is it as good as it can be, of course not. Can you block calls from coming through to your phone, yes. (if OP updates to 6.0)

OP you're still on 5.0, jailbreak and buy iBlacklist.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
I think reading comprehension is lost on you. OP asked if this could be done, and yes it can be done. Is it as good as it can be, of course not. Can you block calls from coming through to your phone, yes. (if OP updates to 6.0)

OP you're still on 5.0, jailbreak and buy iBlacklist.

I think you don't know how Apple's DND mode works. It doesn't. If your screen is on, all calls and notifications will show up. It doesn't block ANYTHING. It is a half-baked implementation (worse than Apple Maps) that doesn't work.

Browns2212

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Orchard Park, NY
I think you don't know how Apple's DND mode works. It doesn't. If your screen is on, all calls and notifications will show up. It doesn't block ANYTHING. It is a half-baked implementation (worse than Apple Maps) that doesn't work.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but do you even own an iPhone or any Apple products?? What phone do you use?

I'm just curious because ALL you do in this forum is bitch and complain about everything Apple.

And for someone who sure hates Apple, you sure do seem to know a lot about everything Apple.

I'm just trying to figure out your reason for being here and doing what you do. Troll? Nothing better to do? Samsung employee??

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but do you even own an iPhone or any Apple products?? What phone do you use?

I'm just curious because ALL you do in this forum is bitch and complain about everything Apple.

And for someone who sure hates Apple, you sure do seem to know a lot about everything Apple.

I'm just trying to figure out your reason for being here and doing what you do. Troll? Nothing better to do? Samsung employee??

Why is it that whenever someone on here criticizes an iPhone, the Apple loyalists think they don't own anything Apple? I own more iDevices than you do.

Browns2212

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Orchard Park, NY
Why is it that whenever someone on here criticizes an iPhone, the Apple loyalists think they don't own anything Apple? I own more iDevices than you do.

Well, in your case, it's ALL YOU DO. I have never seen a single positive statement from you regarding anything Apple related.

And whenever someone asks you a direct question you deflect and don't answer the question.

And how on earth would you know how many apple devices I have? I have never stated how many devices I have. For someone so negative, I find it nearly impossible that you have very many Apple devices. If you do, you must be one unbearable ******. I mean, the amount of negativity, not criticism, that you type I couldn't understand why you would ever own any Apple product.

:cool:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Seems like iOS 7 will address both issues raised here: there's now call, message, and FaceTime blocking, and Do Not Disturb can be enabled to work when the phone is unlocked too.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
This is the biggest reason that I always jailbreak my phones so that I can use iBlacklist.

On my Android, I even use an app on it to block calls. I only want to hear from people I want to hear from, not Excel energy trying to sell me something or other telemarketers.

spunner

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2010
IMO the original question was if you can block specific calls/ txt -not block everyone except those in your contacts. The answer to that is no and it is unfortunate. There are so many useful features that my iPhone doesn't have that most any android device does that in 3 months when my upgrade is available I will be switching. My Mac book pro runs windows great in a VM but there is no directx support so I will be switching back to a pc as well. I tried the i device way and something as simple as copying pics, music and video between them is ridiculous. I have to have windows for work and bootcamp is wonderful except why pay twice as much for a comparable pc and have to purchase the os on top of it. My two cents on i anything.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
IMO the original question was if you can block specific calls/ txt -not block everyone except those in your contacts. The answer to that is no and it is unfortunate. There are so many useful features that my iPhone doesn't have that most any android device does that in 3 months when my upgrade is available I will be switching. My Mac book pro runs windows great in a VM but there is no directx support so I will be switching back to a pc as well. I tried the i device way and something as simple as copying pics, music and video between them is ridiculous. I have to have windows for work and bootcamp is wonderful except why pay twice as much for a comparable pc and have to purchase the os on top of it. My two cents on i anything.
In iOS 7 you can, so in a few weeks when it's publicly released it will be possible (for those with devices that will support iOS 7).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.