Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Mophie yesterday announced the launch of its Juice Pack Helium Spectrum Collection, bringing a host of new color choices including purple, blue, pink, green and red to its line of popular iPhone 5 battery cases. The new colors contain the same 1500mAh battery found in the original silver and black configurations of the case, which gives the iPhone 5 80% more battery life with full protection on both sides for the device.
mophie_spectrum.jpg
Ultra-thin, 1500mAh protective battery case made for iPhone 5. Feel the difference in the palm of your hand; 13% thinner than any of our previous iPhone juice packs. It's so thin, you won't believe there's a battery inside.
The Mophie Juice Pack Helium Spectrum Collection is currently shipping and can be bought through Mophie's online store. Select colors are also available through Apple's online store.

Article Link: Mophie Launches Juice Pack Helium Spectrum Collection for iPhone 5

gcliv

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2008
When are these companies going to get it through their thick skulls that thinness isn't everything? I care much more about how awkwardly tall the Mophie makes the iphone, not how fat.

Ichabod.

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2012
When are these companies going to get it through their thick skulls that thinness isn't everything? I care much more about how awkwardly tall the Mophie makes the iphone, not how fat.

I guess the operate under the assumption that people that buy iPhones and their products have deep pockets.

polaris20

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
I really loved the Juicepack Air I had on my iPhone 4, but the Helium is a piece of ****. I had it on my 5 for all of a day, and found it to be poorly made, the jack was awkward (not really Mophie's fault), and the battery life unnecessary, since my 5 makes it to 10pm with still 30% on the battery.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009

There is no going around the fact that the case has to to plug in into the lightning connector and have port for speakers.

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
How does that make the screen unusable? I have the Air for my 5 and I love it.

The iPhone 5 screen is too tall to comfortably reach the top of as it is. Adding more mass at the bottom makes that problem even worse.

----------

There is no going around the fact that the case has to to plug in into the lightning connector and have port for speakers.

A ribbon cable would not require any significant mass at the bottom.

daviddth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2009
Australia
Give me a Morphie with Lightning connection at the base so I can use my existing Lightning charge and AUDIO ability and I'll be happy. Yes I want audio and charge on the 1 cable, but this makes it impossible. Surely there is a way around this?

MacFan23

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
Give me a Morphie with Lightning connection at the base so I can use my existing Lightning charge and AUDIO ability and I'll be happy. Yes I want audio and charge on the 1 cable, but this makes it impossible. Surely there is a way around this?

Does Apple allow others to use their connections? Can't say I've ever seen a product which has, assumed they didn't licence it, only the cables/adapters

daviddth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2009
Australia
Does Apple allow others to use their connections? Can't say I've ever seen a product which has, assumed they didn't licence it, only the cables/adapters

For something like a case wth battery, it seems more logical to have the same connection as the iPhone to allow it to be used in docks. Back in the 3G or 3GS days I picked up a battery case that had a 30 pin connector on it, and it was brilliiant as everything worked like the normal phone connector. It was not a known brand case, but it served me well at the time, and I'd like to see the same thing appear once again in the current round of cases

thefourthpope

Contributor
Sep 8, 2007
DelMarVa
Mophie's juice pack powerstation is where it's at. I've never been interested in these cases. Mainly, I just like my iPhone naked. The added bulk--particularly at the bottom--seems to defeat much of the design detail Apple puts into these.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Mophie's juice pack powerstation is where it's at. I've never been interested in these cases. Mainly, I just like my iPhone naked. The added bulk--particularly at the bottom--seems to defeat much of the design detail Apple puts into these.

But less bulk than luggin around a powerstation.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I really like the colors available, although I've heard awful things about the Mophie's in general.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
I always.....

look up to Mophie products. Like the aesthetics and the extra power....But being too distracted and have bad record with dropping phones, plus hearing histories about Mophie cases being broken, have hold me from buying.....:(

Anyways, the post is more about my liking for Mophie products and the extra power, always welcomed....:D

:):apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.