Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jumpmanpro97

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Recently my iphone 4S has been shutting down once the battery life gets between 5-7%. I noticed that this has been happening for the last 2-3 weeks. It acts like the battery is at 0% the phone immediately shuts off and once I plug it in to recharge the phone battery % is at already 10% after only a few seconds.

Jamieyasa

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
This happens to my iPhone 5 too, I came to the conclusion that this happens when I have been topping up the battery instead of draining it completely and then charging. So what I reccomend you do is, once you plug it when it dies before 0% it will come back on immediately, then take it off and use the phone until it dies, if it dies before 0% again repeat that until it comes to 0% and dies.. This should help . And in the future you should drain your phone at least once a week in my opinion.

jumpmanpro97

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
This happens to my iPhone 5 too, I came to the conclusion that this happens when I have been topping up the battery instead of draining it completely and then charging. So what I reccomend you do is, once you plug it when it dies before 0% it will come back on immediately, then take it off and use the phone until it dies, if it dies before 0% again repeat that until it comes to 0% and dies.. This should help . And in the future you should drain your phone at least once a week in my opinion.

I've always done that tho, not sure if how that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.