Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxBURT0Nxx

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2009
Wow holy ugly pink! My guess is these are fake shots I don't think they would use that solid color background. Super ugly design if they do

jer04

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2012
Townsville, Australia
wait, since when did apple start giving away sim card tools? I thought they stopped. Did they start again?

...Apple has never stopped giving out SIM card removal tool with iPhones. Even white box replacements come with those.

EDIT: some people are saying apple has stopped giving away sim card removal tools...maybe that's for states only? i just checked my iphone 5 packaging, it does come with the tool.

Last edited:

lobeyonekenobi

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
the color scheme does kind of look "ginuwine"

Ginuwine
Elgin Baylor Lumpkin (born October 15, 1970), better known by his stage name Ginuwine is an American singer-songwriter dancer and actor.
Signed to Epic Records since the mid-1990s, Ginuwine had released a number of multi-platinum and platinum-selling albums and singles, becoming one of R&B's top artists during the late 1990s and early 2000s .

Funnily enough I was actually referring to him, thanks for the little Bio, and if I had a name like his I would prefer to be known as Ginuwine;)

damir00

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
Woah. Top pic looks like a Hello Kitty edition.

And no, you're not alone, many people think iOS7 looks kinda ugly.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
What's with the pink background

Wow holy ugly pink! My guess is these are fake shots I don't think they would use that solid color background. Super ugly design if they do

I think its because the back color idk I noticed it was pink on the sides based off the photos

Kind of like the iPod Nanos
overview_hero.jpg

dmylrea

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
This is going to hurt Android a lot. Its going to be a good chance for many android users to discover what a smooth GUI is.

Wake up! Wake up!! I think you were dream posting! Trust me, no Android user is lusting after the new "S" or "C". If anyone wanted an iOS phone, they'd have gotten it by now. These new models aren't anything to jump ship for.

paradox00

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2009
Does it stand for cheap or for crap?

Colour (or color if you prefer). I don't think it looks like crap, nor do I really understand the criticisms about the choice of a pink background. I'm not the target market for a pink phone, but I'm sure the people that are interested in a pink phone would like the pink background as well.

pipa

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Bitcoin City
I don't think I've ever seen a pre release picture of any past iPhone fully packaged like this. And in late breaking news, it's been officially confirmed that Tim Cook is NOT doubling down on secrecy.

MonkeyET

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2009
Indio, CA
I don't think it's real. The apple is on the bottom. They always have an apple at the top and UPC and serial number at the bottom.

paradox00

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2009
While I kind of intend to agree, Apple would not launch a new OS with colored backgrounds when Jony redesigned the OS.

Is this going to be a new variant of the Steve Jobs would never meme?

Keep in mind that these backgrounds are for the 5C, not the flagship 5S. The name iPhone 5C clearly stands for iPhone 5 - Colour. I think a solid colour would be straight up Ives alley. It's simple and direct and appeals to the target market.

dkersten

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2010
This is going to hurt Android a lot. Its going to be a good chance for many android users to discover what a smooth GUI is.

Yeah I'm gonna guess you've never actually used an Android phone. But, you know, its fun bashing stuff you've never used...

fullauto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2012
Brisbane
Having the background the same colour as the shell makes it look transparent.. but strange to see just a flat colour over previous releases / packaging..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.