Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkknight14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
I am looking to buy a HD box set on iTunes, its size is about 25GB+, even a strong internet connection would struggle.

Does anyone know of feature within the iTunes store where you can just keep purchases in iCloud?

Thanks,

MFL2012

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
I am looking to buy a HD box set on iTunes, its size is about 25GB+, even a strong internet connection would struggle.

Does anyone know of feature within the iTunes store where you can just keep purchases in iCloud?

Thanks,

If you have an AppleTV you can purchase thru the Movies or TV Shows apps and never have to download them if you don't want to. I don't believe you can stream them on a computer, you would have to download them to view them from there.

Oui

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
if you purchase them on an iPad or an iPhone it asks if you want to download now or later. If you choose later the item is simply stored in iCloud and can be accessed later.

MacUser09

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2009
UK
I have not changed any settings on my Mac, but recently, whenever I buy a film or TV show, its asks whether I want to download now, or later from "Purchased in iTunes Store".

In fact yesterday, after looking for a film that I thought I had bought, and checking for "available downloads" I went to buy a film, and it said that I had already bought it, and I could download it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.