Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
OP: Actually the fingerprint scanner will make things less complex. 4 number pins can be easily guessed, the long passwords take time to enter on the phone and can be forgotten. Fingerprint scanning will be optional just like the pin. It is for security and convenience.

And if the scanner is located under the home button, there is no extra step as you already have to press the home button to wake the phone.

I use a HP Pavillion with a fingerprint scanner and it works perfectly well and is more convenient than entering passwords. It scans instantly.

preyan

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
South Africa
Nothing.

Just Apple fans hyping up a useless feature (but will at the same time, pan all of the features of the Galaxy S4).

Ummm, I think not. IP5s won't have:
NFC
Bluetooth data (music, etc)
Multitasking (2 windows open at the same time)
Blah blah blah

Poor :apple:
Think they can dictate forever :rolleyes:
IP5c is the start of their down to earth and "no time to save the world and make it a better place" strategy :D

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
IP5s won't have:
NFC

Because NFC is so widespread that everyone needs it :rolleyes:

Whatever system the iPhone eventually adopts for payments will eventually be the dominant force in the market, regardless if it's NFC or not.

The iPhone has this thing called "flash storage" to keep music on :rolleyes:

I'm sure customers are quaking in the boots about not having "bluetooth data."

Because having two windows open on a handheld device is just so productive and needed :rolleyes:

I can't tell you the amount of times I wish I could have to squint my eyeballs so hard that they pop in order to see a bunch of information on two 2" sections of screen.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Ummm, I think not. IP5s won't have:
NFC
Blah blah blah

Poor :apple:
Think they can dictate forever :rolleyes:
IP5c is the start of their down to earth and "no time to save the world and make it a better place" strategy :D

At the bolded: What the hell is bluetooth data?

zipster

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2011
The fingerprint scanner is going to be faster than entering the pin number. You already turn your phone on by pressing the home button when it's locked, now it's going to turn the phone on and unlock it in one go, instead of having to take a half dozen steps.

You have no idea that this will be how it works...

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
How about never needing to remember countless website passwords? To simply have to have your fingerprint scanned and safari then inputs your password to log you in.

Or how about the ability to make payment transactions more secure?

Obviously if you don't want it then simply don't use it and stay with your old password method instead.

The OP will have to wait years before all these functions are implemented, so he'll have plenty of time to warm-up to the scanner. Apple is notorious in introducing technology that doesn't live up to its potential. Heck, the whole iPhone is the epitome of gradually releasing a technology's potential.

preyan

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
South Africa
Because NFC is so widespread that everyone needs it :rolleyes:

Whatever system the iPhone eventually adopts for payments will eventually be the dominant force in the market, regardless if it's NFC or not.

The iPhone has this thing called "flash storage" to keep music on :rolleyes:

I'm sure customers are quaking in the boots about not having "bluetooth data."

Because having two windows open on a handheld device is just so productive and needed :rolleyes:

I can't tell you the amount of times I wish I could have to squint my eyeballs so hard that they pop in order to see a bunch of information on two 2" sections of screen.

Your needs and others may differ ;) You may be a basic user but others DO make FULL use of other functionality :cool:

----------

At the bolded: What the hell is bluetooth data?

Oh, something Nokia and Samsung allows. To Bluetooth data from one device to another :D
Now stop trying it with all of your :apple: devices :D. That's why you haven't heard about "Bluetooth data" :D

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
Your needs and others may differ ;) You may be a basic user but others DO make FULL use of other functionality :cool:

The average customer is the one that rules the market. Your kind that need to "make FULL use of other functionality" (via bluetooth data, NFC, and split window multitasking on a small window handheld device) are simply a drop in the pond that don't affect much of anything outside of tech site comment sections.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
Is this even necessary? I just don't get the need. For security? Why? You've got a pass code lock if you want it.

I don't want to have to rely on my iphone to read my fingerprint every time I wanna use it. Too many things to go wrong. Why complicate things?

The main purpose, it seems, is to irritate iPhone users. I am more than sure that you can disable the finger reader, if it even has one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.