Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
I'm not sure how definite this is, but I just saw a tweet from Ryan Petrich. It looks like he is rounding up some developers to do Tweak Week 2! It's been a few summers now since the original Tweak Week. The community got some of its more popular tweaks from this event.

For those unfamiliar with this event, its pretty cool. Each developer will release a new tweak each day for a week. If you want to see some of the tweaks that got released during the original run, you can go to DietBar's Cydia page. Inside the package description you'll see a link for "TweakWeek Challange" or something like that. From there you can read a little bit about the event but more importantly you can see all the tweaks that came out.

Hopefully they are doing it again this year. Always fun to see some of the more talented developers compete against each other and release new stuff daily. Healthy competition is good!

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
In case anyone's interested, Petrich set up website for the original challenge. I totally forgot about it. No need to go digging through Cydia.

If anyone cares, here's the site. It lists all the packages that were a result of the tweak week challenge. Hopefully this year will be as productive as the original. This was great for the jailbreak community.

http://tweakweek.com/

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
That would be an awesome way to jump start a rather slow jailbreak scene at the moment. Some of the tweaks out of the first week were great.

Yea I agree. Two of my "staples" were a result of tweak week: DietBar and WebScrollian.

I'm intersted to see what developers are involved this year. Some of those little, light tweaks are the best modifications!

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Yea I agree. Two of my "staples" were a result of tweak week: DietBar and WebScrollian.

I'm intersted to see what developers are involved this year. Some of those little, light tweaks are the best modifications!

I personally don't see the greatness in dietbar. How much does the tweak improve your experience? Looks like the smaller UI bar is only in a few apps (such as settings)

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
I personally don't see the greatness in dietbar. How much does the tweak improve your experience? Looks like the smaller UI bar is only in a few apps (such as settings)

No it works in every app. You can also disable it in specific apps if you'd like. The only apps it doesn't work in are the apps that don't necessarily have a navigation bar (like safari). Once in a while the navigation button (essentially the "back" button) doesn't quite line up but I find it only a minor annoyance.

How does the tweak improve my experience? The benefit of using DietBar is the extra rows of pixels I get. I've used it since it first came out. Its funny cause whenever I use a device without it I'm always shocked at how big that stock navigation bar is in all the apps! Haha I always chuckle cause Im so used to DietBar now.

Last edited:

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Those look like two terrific tweaks (ok, so I like alliteration). I've added them both and look forward to an enhanced experience.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Looking forward to this. Wonder how long it'll be until iOS 7 is jailbroken. Hopefully it's not another 4+ months after the 5S.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Looking forward to this. Wonder how long it'll be until iOS 7 is jailbroken. Hopefully it's not another 4+ months after the 5S.

It's definitely encouraging that they already found exploits, but that was the same situation with iOS5. It still took some time before it came out. I'm expecting the same this time around but I'm hoping for the best. Based on these last few jailbreaks, Im predicting a Q1 2014 release. But I hope its Q4 2013!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.