Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Probably because most PowerPC software is still actively being developed. At least as Intel only apps now. So we can't really post them without the publishers going after us. Most of the stuff at Macintosh Garden is really dated stuff, like for System 6 and 7, while we're mainly focusing on Tiger and Leopard with our archive. Decades apart here people. ;)

=D Awesome

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2013
If you want I have a massive stack of Mac-OS 7, 8 and 9 software packages on a file server in my house as I still use pre G4 erra machines. It is all software that finished development years ago and totals about 25gb. If this thread is still open I would be happy to give you a copy of the drive containing all of the stuff :D

(encase it hasn't been mentioned but you can get a free copy of adobe CS2 for PPC machines off adobes servers)

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=cs2_downloads

Last edited:

ViennaXP

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2012
Yeah, I saw you.
Download anything good? :)
As my iMac G4 went downstairs when I bought my Intel iMac in 2011 , I (about 2 years later) use it as a FileServer.
I can now download bitTorrent files (thanks to the version on the website) over night without any noise in my room. Nobody cares about noise in the kitchen.
I also updated some multimedia apps, so it can work as a little TV :rolleyes:

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta
As my iMac G4 went downstairs when I bought my Intel iMac in 2011 , I (about 2 years later) use it as a FileServer.
I can now download bitTorrent files (thanks to the version on the website) over night without any noise in my room. Nobody cares about noise in the kitchen.
I also updated some multimedia apps, so it can work as a little TV :rolleyes:

Do you happen to be John?

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
I am interested in a collection of MacAddict CD's.

All the numbered ones 1-125 are on archive.org now at http://archive.org/search.php?query=macaddict&sort=-publicdate as iso files. Number 108 was the last one to go up which went up today.

Some of the pictures of the cds are missing as well as some of the special disks.

These are at http://4unitmaths.com/macaddictcds.html

Still missing from both sites are these 3 special disks:

5th Anniversary DVD

Software SuperPaks 1 and 2

Last edited:

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2013
I'd love to help on the server side of things, as I have no PPC software that isn't listed already. Once upon a PowerBook, I had an old version of Photoshop, but that was it.

Jubadub

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2017
I just stumbled upon this thread today. Wow. Whenever I think I got far in gathering PowerPC Mac software, I am again and again proven wrong.

There are some amazing stuff here. Custom builds of SeaMonkey? And much, much more? Nice.

Since it isn't 2013 anymore, I wonder if it'd be okay to pin this. Because there's a lot of really hard-to-find stuff here. Quite a compilation of a lot of old abandonware.

I'm reviving this thread, if for nothing else, just so that more people take notice of it, and start comparing what isn't on Macintosh Garden yet, and start uploading. Because much here is bound to disappear as time goes. (Like Vox 0.2.8 beta 2 did. Someone actually mentioned Vox here in this thread back when that version was current...)

Funny how back then, MG was OS 9 and earlier only. Times changed, and everyone wins.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.