Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dsella

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I recently got the latest 4th gen Core i5 4670K and as I'm sure you know, it's on the new LGA 1150 socket. I'm now in the market for a new CPU fan as I just upgraded my keyboard & mouse from old ones laying around, and would like some input!

If you had to pick a new CPU fan to replace the one Intel sends, which of these would you get?

SilenX EFZ-100HA2 100mm

Rosewill RCX-Z300 92mm

Thermaltake CLP0556 92mm

Rosewill RCX-Z300 92mm

Feel free to suggest other ones as well! I have a Black/Dark Blue MSI motherboard as well as blue Kingston HyperX RAM, so please try to stick to a DARK red, bright green like the one above, or a DARK blue color! However, if you think my best option is black or some variation of white, I am open to suggestions!

Be sure it fits LGA 1150!

Also - Try to keep it below $25 (before shipping). I can't justify spending more than that just on a CPU fan.

One last thing - If you guys need a new mouse/keyboard combo.. I would HIGHLY suggest a Razer Deathadder 2013 for a mouse. I got mine at BestBuy for $46.99 Open Box when it's $54.99 on Amazon and $59.99 on Newegg. NOTHING was wrong with it either! I picked up a Razer Kabuto Mousepad as well from BestBuy for $17.99! As far as keyboards go, I got the ADESSO MKB-135B. Very cheap for a Cherry Blue Mechanical keyboard, and has headphone/mic jacks as well as 2 USB ports built in! Comparable keyboards run $120+ and this was only $74.99! GREAT pickup.

Last edited:

xcodeSyn

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2012
If you had to pick a new CPU fan to replace the one Intel sends, which of these would you get?
Sorry, you posted at the wrong place. This is a Mac Forum discussing issues of running other operating systems using Mac hardware only. Try Anandtech or Tom's Hardware forum for your question.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.