Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aliebel

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Mavericks Release

Caught this slip, i am sure just a mistake since DP6 was released on Aug 21. But look at the "posted date" of DP7, Sep 21, 2013 haha. Wouldn't that be nice if that was the GM seed or release date. A day after probable iphone launch and a Saturday so not likely but one can only wait :)

Attachments

• DP7.jpg
    DP7.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 381

Innise

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
Safari is still effed up. Crashes left and right, for example when you pinch out to the tab view and back into a tab again.

But since no one else seem to complain, I'm starting to guess it's just me. Or can anyone say they have the same thing?

prehnra

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2013
I'm guessing that means non-developers won't see Mavericks in the app store on 9/10. My money is on about two weeks later.

Also, this is your reminder that all of the DPs lag behind the latest Apple internal builds. While we are getting close to GM, there are probably a lot of bug fixes still in the pipeline before that version.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Safari is still effed up. Crashes left and right, for example when you pinch out to the tab view and back into a tab again.

But since no one else seem to complain, I'm starting to guess it's just me. Or can anyone say they have the same thing?

I had some minor problems with some third-party software, but the beta Safari in Mavericks is the stablest Safari (and actually, one of the stablest and fastest browsers) I have used so far. Now, Snow Leopard/Lion Safari used to crash for me on a constant basis.

bugfaceuk

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2005
Mav AirPlay worked with the current public Apple TV version before DP6, so no. You're wrong.

Lucky you. Now go read Apple notes which suggest it will be unreliable and that the second screen behaviour won't work.

You'll forgive me if I listen to them and follow their recommendations rather than yours. They made the software and hardware you see.

ironman159

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2008
Costa Rica
Lucky you. Now go read Apple notes which suggest it will be unreliable and that the second screen behaviour won't work.

You'll forgive me if I listen to them and follow their recommendations rather than yours. They made the software and hardware you see.

I hit a nerve somewhere. Sorry about that. Just pointing out that Airplay was indeed working before... and it wouldn't surprise me that after installing DP7 it began working again.

bugfaceuk

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2005
I hit a nerve somewhere. Sorry about that. Just pointing out that Airplay was indeed working before... and it wouldn't surprise me that after installing DP7 it began working again.

I just think you aren't helping anyone by posting something against Apple's recommendations when someone is trying to get an unsupported configuration to work.

Sorry, I just think people who post "works for me" really aren't contributing. Especially when the manufacturer says "won't work for most".

Anyhow, carry on.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
This makes 7 DP's. How many DP's were released with Lion and Mountain Lion? Swear it was less than 10.9's current count.

There was 4 DPs for Mountain Lion, but there was also updates to DP3 & 4. DPs were also spaced out further.

DP1 - Feb 16th
DP2 - March 16th
DP3 - April 18th
DP3 Update 1 - May 1st
DP3 Update 2- May 16th
DP4 - June 11th
DP4 Update - June 18th
DP4 Update - June 25th
GM - July 9th
Public Release -July 25th

----------

im assuming game center and reminders are still the same then.

yup, no Ui changes that I can see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.