Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danielowenuk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
Having a few niggles on this game regarding performance with IOS7 beta 6 on an iphone 4s

Screen jumping when scrolling, animation slow etc.

Seems to improve if I force close everything (or reboot).

Anyone else seeing the same things?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Having a few niggles on this game regarding performance with IOS7 beta 6 on an iphone 4s

Screen jumping when scrolling, animation slow etc.

Seems to improve if I force close everything (or reboot).

Anyone else seeing the same things?

You are running beta software. Apps have not been updated yet for iOS 7, and cannot be until iOS 7 is officially released. Expect all 3rd party apps to have issues until this time.

danielowenuk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
You are running beta software. Apps have not been updated yet for iOS 7, and cannot be until iOS 7 is officially released. Expect all 3rd party apps to have issues until this time.

Thanks, I do expect it, what I was asking is does anyone have the same issue?

Ocellaris

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2013
Thanks, I do expect it, what I was asking is does anyone have the same issue?

Runs fine on a iPhone 5. There is sometimes a tiny bit of lag right after opening the game, smooth sailing other than that though.

----------

Plenty of apps do not need to be updated. If apps are not taking advantage of the new API calls, you don't need to go out and update everything "just because".

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Runs fine on a iPhone 5. There is sometimes a tiny bit of lag right after opening the game, smooth sailing other than that though.

----------

Plenty of apps do not need to be updated. If apps are not taking advantage of the new API calls, you don't need to go out and update everything "just because".

Lots of code changes with different iOS versions, not just APIs. This new code can, and often does effect the functionality of apps. There are many apps that do not adopt newly offered APIs, but often there apps will have issues on newer versions of iOS, and they must be updated to eliminate bugs that come about because of new iOS coding.

danielowenuk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
I didn't anticipate the barrage of "it's beta what did you expect" messages.

It was simply a query to see if anyone else was experiencing the same issue

Jakimo

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2008
Colorado Springs
There isn't harm in asking questions.

Runs fine for me on iPhone 5 and iPad 3.

Chat dismisses every send, so one has to reselect writing area to draw up keyboard again. That's the only glitch I see...

One thing that has helped me and many in dealing with issues is a Reset all settings. I've seen general speed issues hugely improved by wiping out prefs. May want to also reinstall CoC.

If these things doesn't help to improve things, just wait it out for another update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.