Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chumawumba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
Ask the NSA
Out of all the icons Apple has made, what do you guys think is the ugliest? I find this one rather appalling.

wifi_sync_icon.jpg

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
I would suggest that the op get some help for his apparent icon obsession.

Hey now, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that!

We prefer the word "design enthusiasts or icon connoisseurs.
MobileMe-icon.png

ping-logo-101015-02.jpg

Mobileme and Ping, anyone? :rolleyes:

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Ever since iTunes became this. Compared to the old icon, this one looks like free clip art.

iTunes10.png

Erko

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2011
Estonia
Take your pick :p

Actually, the more I see these icons, the more I like them, the have a kind of clarity and simplicity to them. I mean, they still definitely need some more work(GameCenter, ugh) but I hope that the next iteration of OS X comes with a similar design.

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Should've gone with iconnoisseurs. Everyone loves portmanteaus!

Ermergerd! You're right! That has a much better ring to it. Get it? Ring? Hohohoho!
vil-cloche.gif

ga_fun_smiley11.gif
Guffah! I'm notorious for giving everyone a mouthful. :eek:
devious.gif
devious.gif
:D:eek:

(p.s. - ch'yeah, I am a slightly pretentious cak)
tiny013.gif

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
The Settings icon blows too... How to portray its function in one small icon would be interesting, but making it look like the chain rings on a bike isn't doing it for me...

----------

Safari and Game Center. Not only very ugly designs, also not at all appealing for what they represent. Those icons are without any inspiration designed.

Safari could be a stylized 'WWW', and Game Center should be a chess piece.

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009

That's one of my favorites actually ;)

----------

In iOS 7 many of the icons are growing on me. Some of the ones that I do not like at all are settings, and safari. I really like the video and music icons. A few of them are a bit too basic for me even though they don't look bad. These include contacts, settings, reminders, and calendar.

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
Same, hahaha.

I didn't like the iOS 7 icons at first, but they're growing on me too.

Can you imagine how bad the public freakout will be once iOS7 is released to the public?

Personally, I like the simplified icons in iOS7. I'm iffy on the color scheme, but since I spend so little time actually looking at the home screen, I'm not terribly annoyed.

-----------

in OS X, I like the iTunes icon - primarily because I appreciate the continuity between it and the App Store - and even Safari and Quicktime.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
facetime_icon.png

This one I always think looks like something Apple wouldn't design.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008

This one I always think looks like something Apple wouldn't design.

That one always made me scratch my head too. Especially because it replaced a far superior icon that was consistent with the phone and messages icons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.