Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimmy Guphanti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
How can I downgrade my iPhone 5 CDMA+GSM from iOS 7 beta 6 to iOS 6 version 6.1.2? I have my 6.1.2 SHSH blobs.

Thanks.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
That's a shame. All I wanted to do was jailbreak to get free tethering with my unlimited data. I guess I have to wait several months until there is a jailbreak.

The time to explore this would have been before you updated.
That way, you could have made an informed decision about which was most important: remaining on 6.1.2 so you could jailbreak and have tethering or trying out beta firmware without a current jailbreak.

Jimmy Guphanti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
That way, you could have made an informed decision about which was most important: remaining on 6.1.2 so you could jailbreak and have tethering or trying out beta firmware without a current jailbreak.

No, I was on a Verizon without unlimited data, so I did not need tethering. I got them to release me from my contract without a cancellation fee, I switched to another carrier WITH unlimited data. I now can tether as much as I want. When I upgraded to iOS 7, I didn't need the tethering.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Well in a few weeks time we'll have plenty of people regretting the move to iOS7 if the Jailbreaks takes a little time...

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Well in a few weeks time we'll have plenty of people regretting the move to iOS7 if the Jailbreaks takes a little time...

Which is why I am keeping my jaibreak. iPhone OS 7 is nice and refreshing, but it is not worth loosing my jailbreak. Furhermore, if I want iPhone OS 7 look, I can just download the theme and be done with it. After all, everything else that changes functionality has already been done by either Auxo or Springtomize Me.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Which is why I am keeping my jaibreak. iPhone OS 7 is nice and refreshing, but it is not worth loosing my jailbreak. Furhermore, if I want iPhone OS 7 look, I can just download the theme and be done with it. After all, everything else that changes functionality has already been done by either Auxo or Springtomize Me.
I agree. Also, once I saw iOS7 I decided it wasn't for me. I have enough primary colors in my life with two kids at home, I don't need it on my iPhone. So, for me, I had already intended to wait for the iOS7 jailbreak before updating. That way I can move to eliminate the pre-school theme it's got going and replace it with something else, all while getting the new functionality.

It helps that most of what I see in iOS7 I already have via jailbreak anyway.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Yep, most people just update to the beta and then ask questions later when its too late and they lost their JB for a long long time.
The only thing you can still downgrade to is 6.1.4 but you will not be able to JB it either or get free tethering.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
You can achieve this with a hacked carrier file, jailbreak not required.

I don't think there was a hacked carrier package created for CDMA. Well, the people said that they weren't sure if it would work for CDMA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.