Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fullysickbro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
hi has anyones ipod touch 5 microphone broke or if your recording a video or soundrecording it is really silent when the volume is up. is this a bug on ios 7 beta 6 as i am running that. pleasse let me know i need it for videos.:mad:

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
hi has anyones ipod touch 5 microphone broke or if your recording a video or soundrecording it is really silent when the volume is up. is this a bug on ios 7 beta 6 as i am running that. pleasse let me know i need it for videos.:mad:

Try a hard reset(hold power and home button until Apple logo appears). Report back.

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
You're running iOS 7 Beta 6, while I cannot say it could be the beta that's causing it, is it possible for you to downgrade back to iOS 6.1.3 and see if it will fix the sound issue? Otherwise wait a while for the official iOS 7 to be out, update then see if it will fix the issue. If not then you gotta go to Apple like Zmanbaseball2 suggested.

Ghostbusters

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
As defunct32 has pointed out, this seems to be an iOS 7 Beta glitch. If you want your microphone to work guaranteed, I suggest you either revert back to the current stable iOS 6 release or be patient for the official iOS 7 public release.

lengbayifu

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2013
think so,Okay. Will do it tomorrow arvo thanks
18iqumw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.