Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nebulousman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
I use Location Spoofer from BigBoss to spoof MLB At Bat so I can watch Nats games on my tv without cable and it works well.

I've noticed that Find My iPhone doesn't work when Location Spoofer is installed. When I go to Find My iPhone from another device it says 'Online, No Location Available'.

I've tried telling Location Spoofer to 'Never Spoof' Find My iPhone which didn't work then I tried other combinations of apps to 'Never Spoof' until I said 'Never Spoof' all apps by checking everything on the device and also un-checking everything on the 'Always Spoof' tab thinking that now in theory the Location Spoofer should be inactive. Nothing worked. The only way to correct this is to remove Location Spoofer from the phone and Find My iPhone works again.

Does anyone know of a solution to this other than removing Location Spoofer entirely? I would like to be able to spoof my location for MLB At Bat but I'd also like to be able to Find My iPhone if I lose it.

Thanks

Last edited:

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I haven't tried Location Spoofer, but LocationHolic doesn't appear to have this problem. Just tested excluding FindMyiPhone and it worked perfectly. It was compatible with the MLB AtBat app at least earlier this season (haven't used it in the last month or so, but I doubt MLB has changed anything).

If you can't find a fix for what you have, this may be an alternative. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.