Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stev0190

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
Hi I just started playing AoE 2 HD on Parallels with my MacBook Pro and I can't seem to figure out how some of the controls correlate. For instance, my "delete" key doesn't delete buildings or units.

Is there a site that will tell me how the controls correlate? Or can someone just tell me some of the useful hotkeys from Macs?

Thanks

JLarson

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
lol i cant believe you still play aoe2!
I though no one ever did. favorite game by far.
how did you get the mac version?

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
I haven't bothered to check AppDB yet but has anyone tried this game out with Wineskin? It would be nice if that worked although I do have Parallels setup if need be. Anything to avoid the dreaded reboots! lol

stev0190

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
thanks guys...i just changed the hotkeys... there is no mac version (pretty sure its only available in windows version) so i just started playing it again on parallels through windows using my macbook... i only started playing again bc they came out with this HD version not too long ago and soon are coming out with the new expansion...

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
I haven't bothered to check AppDB yet but has anyone tried this game out with Wineskin? It would be nice if that worked although I do have Parallels setup if need be. Anything to avoid the dreaded reboots! lol

Would be nice to know how it works if anyone has tried Wineskin (or anything else using Wine). I always loved AoE2.

Looks like people have gotten it to run in Linux, so I think a Wineskin port should be possible.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/221380/discussions/2/828935361270250345/

Deelron

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2009
Do people really still play this game? I mean really?

I would guess enough people bought it when it was released on Steam for an official expansion (not that it would have been a ton of work), and there was a moderate line to play it at PAX, so I guess enough people do to make it worth while.

Deelron

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2009
Haha yes, there were actually at PAX demoing it and handing out bandanas promoting it.

karlth

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Be warned that it lags considerably with many units on screen, even on a powerful pure Windows machine.

Great, great game though!

di1in

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Hi I just started playing AoE 2 HD on Parallels with my MacBook Pro and I can't seem to figure out how some of the controls correlate. For instance, my "delete" key doesn't delete buildings or units.

Is there a site that will tell me how the controls correlate? Or can someone just tell me some of the useful hotkeys from Macs?

Thanks
Are you able to play multiplayer with this version using parallels?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.