Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polbit

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2002
South Carolina
So same phone, only faster and with fingerprint scanner, and still starts at 16Gb, and still charging $100 more for 32Gb. Wake me up when they actually make a phone that can compete with the modern phones please.

macaddict06

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2006
about 3 meters from here. *points*
"Ugh, the colors are gross"

"Ugh, the screen is too small"

"Ugh, what good is 64 bit"

"Ugh, fingerprint sensor is stupid"

"Ugh, no 128GB? why bother"

"Ugh, no drop in price?

"Ugh, no extra megapixels?"

Good God, your families must HATE to be around you at Christmas.

Fargard

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2011
Lumia 920 and others: Allowing people to actually user their phones with handgloves.

Apple: Bringing fingerprint sensor forcing people to take out gloves even for a quick view on the homescreen.

Hurra \o/

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Major features announced today
  1. Color
  2. a fingerprint sensor

Alright guys, we have to stop buying these things, they're getting lazy again.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
This will be my first update skipped...not worth it!

Same here, first time I'll be skipping as well.

That's not to say that I don't love the new camera features plus the fingerprint sensor though. Can't wait to get these in iPhone 6 next year :)

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
so the black one has silver back too now??
so white with silver
white with gold
black with silver ???

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
I prefer the iPhone 5 in black and slate, than the iPhone 5S in black and lunar space dust grey or whatever it's called.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Well that was underwhelming. Only notable features are the fingerprint scanner and slow mo camera. Price is the same, colors are crappier, no storage increase. The CPU/GPU upgrades are meaningless if you don't play taxing games. I was hoping for NFC at least; fingerprint scanner and NFC seem perfect for each other.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
64-bit means that the RAM requirement for pointers just doubled. Thats not an insignificant cost.

It also means you could access more RAM but that isn't really an issue unless you have a phone with more than 8gb which I don't foresee in the coming 2 or 3 years. I really don't think there will be any huge benefit but Apple probably wanted to make the switch now so they have to deal with any of those limits later on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.