Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

$yregnar86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
I know this is kind of pointless since i'm running parallels with Windows 7 running along side of OS X but is it possible to run microsoft office "for mac" inside windows 7.

For example I swipe over to the desktop that has windows 7 up and running. I'm wanting to record some information "data" from this windows program but I don't want to swipe back and forth from viewing the data and then back to the document editor to type it down. Hope I'm making it clear.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I believe Parallels has some sort of 'unified' mode where you can run your OS X and Windows Apps together in the OS X interface.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I know this is kind of pointless since i'm running parallels with Windows 7 running along side of OS X but is it possible to run microsoft office "for mac" inside windows 7.

For example I swipe over to the desktop that has windows 7 up and running. I'm wanting to record some information "data" from this windows program but I don't want to swipe back and forth from viewing the data and then back to the document editor to type it down. Hope I'm making it clear.

Okay, you are wanting to be in a Windows 7 session, with Mac Office running on top in a window?

I think it is possible in Parallels 9 but I haven't tried it. It may require Coherence mode for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.