Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I have this issue where articles can't load if they have Twitter and FaceBook links in the article. Something probably related to the "Tweet/Like" this article links.

I live in China, so those services are blocked. Perhaps have an IP check to disable those options? I can't seem to read any of the articles, except the front page.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I have this issue where articles can't load if they have Twitter and FaceBook links in the article. Something probably related to the "Tweet/Like" this article links.

I live in China, so those services are blocked. Perhaps have an IP check to disable those options? I can't seem to read any of the articles, except the front page.

So, you mean for every individual article, you can't fully load the page?

arn

alphaod

macrumors Core
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
So, you mean for every individual article, you can't fully load the page?

arn

Let's say the full article isn't displayed on the front page, so I click the article name to read the full version. I can see in the status bar on my browser it's stuck it says "Waiting for platform.twitter.com" and then the article doesn't load. Even refreshing it doesn't help.

Actually on the front page, it also has the same "Waiting for platform.twitter.com" issue, but the difference is all the articles load before hitting this snag.

Granted I understand the important of Twitter and such, and I don't know any Chinese person (who doesn't really read English) to browser MacRumors, but for me this is a bit annoying.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.