Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vietalogy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2006
Nope, I usually am pretty gentle with cables. Amazon is still working anyway.

----------

Look like Griffin. Much better?

Never tried griffin but mono offers different lengths and a lot cheaper. Also their certified by apple.

rjkgr

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2013
AmazonBasics USB A to Lightning Compatible Cable (3 Feet/0.9 Meter)
http://amzn.com/B009SYZ8OC

RND Apple Certified Lightning to USB cable (6 feet/white) made for iPhone, iPad, iPod
http://amzn.com/B00AGJMMVA

The AmazonBasic one is great and feels high quality when in your hand at $14. The RND one is a bit expensive at $22. I mainly recommend the AmazonBasic one.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

i go with RND 6 foot one works to perfection

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
i go with RND 6 foot one works to perfection

T & S cables have a lifetime replacement warranty. That's why I bought it. I got it today and it works. I get this error ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378242010.057102.jpg
But it still charges.
They also have very great support.

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
T & S cables have a lifetime replacement warranty. That's why I bought it. I got it today and it works. I get this error View attachment 431353
But it still charges.
They also have very great support.
T&S?
Seeing some recommendations for longer cables from you folks, maybe I'll get one when both amazon and apple break.
Regarding the unsupported error-sometimes got it on damaged apple cables, no big deal if it works. Also, NDA!

zamudiovsky

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
What the hell do you guys do to your original iPhone cables?! hahaha

I've had the 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5, plus original iPod and iPod Touch and an iPad (wow, i just realized I've had so many apple devices ._.) and never had to get a replacement cable for any of them! hahaha

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
What the hell do you guys do to your original iPhone cables?! hahaha

I've had the 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5, plus original iPod and iPod Touch and an iPad (wow, i just realized I've had so many apple devices ._.) and never had to get a replacement cable for any of them! hahaha
We use them. We take them everywhere. Sometimes they are our life savers

zamudiovsky

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
We use them. We take them everywhere. Sometimes they are our life savers

I do the same, I use them every day, took them to Mexico, Spain, US, UK, Brazil and never had issues, I goes I really take care of it without realizing it haha

jacobs531

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
hello all.
I have an issue.
So i need a 2 in 1 wire like this one
http://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/11686574/Iphone5_Aux_Cable.html
this seems a. ridiculously crappy
b. not really available outside this shady Chinese site.
i have an auxiliary jack, and a charging plug. right now i am using 2 seperate wires, but its such pain in the ass, not to mention the fact that all the wires makes my car interior look very messy, Is there any kind of cable you guys can recommend, as well as if there are 2 wires i can somehow connect to where i dont need to constantly plug 2 wires into my phone.

any help would be awesome

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.