Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

APPLEFUNRF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 30, 2013
Washington DC
Hi, gents. I will be in USA from September 5 to 1 October on work. I will be in different states, but from September 19 i will be in Boston.
My Boss have big business in Europe, Asia, and some contracts in US.
After I will finish all working moments he sad to buy Iphone 5S as many as I can, but not more then 100, only 5S, only full price/unlocked/sim free.
Actually its award for employees, who best of all closed quarter (quarter in our company is 4 month).

How best to do ? I did it once for 60 pieces of Iphone 5 (full price), but it was in January 2013, no problem to buy Iphone 5 as many as you want.

So i will have only about 10 days for to buy Iphone 5S as many as I can, i want to hear from you Buying Tips and Advice. Tnx a lot in advance.

PS In my country much more expensive to buy, because we have euro, euro is 1.35 of USD.
PS My country not in first or second wave of Iphone 5S starts selling.
PS Any way i will be in US with work.

All what we want - spent money in US and pay all taxes !)
PS we know about customs, its ok, i will be not alone, am not going cary all of them just by myself.

APPLEFUNRF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 30, 2013
Washington DC
Is it any other ways to buy Iphone 5S except stay in line (of course Ill stay in line everyday).

If pre-order will be for example September 14, will be its possible order online 2 Iphone from 1 credit card ? Thanks for response.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
My Boss have big business in Europe, Asia, and some contracts in US.
After I will finish all working moments he sad to buy Iphone 5S as many as I can, but not more then 100, only 5S, only full price/unlocked/sim free.
Actually its award for employees, who best of all closed quarter (quarter in our company is 4 month).

How best to do ? I did it once for 60 pieces of Iphone 5 (full price), but it was in January 2013, no problem to buy Iphone 5 as many as you want.

I think you will be out of luck.

The new unlocked iPhone models don't usually go on sale in the US until a couple of months after the initial launch.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
In the past, Apple hasn't sold unlocked iPhones on launch days. Those are usually made available weeks later.

APPLEFUNRF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 30, 2013
Washington DC
They use Euros in China???

Euro in China =) Good Joke

butthurtometer.gif

----------

Is this not the exact same post from the same poster that was sent to the wasteland at 5:36a.

exact same and what ? This thread in Buying Tips and Advice - Am asking exactly about Buying Tips and Advice !

Everybody else tnx so much for response. BUT - I cannot agree, I pretty sure YOU can buy Iphone at launch day for full price 649$ + Tax of your state.

----------

I think you will be out of luck.

The new unlocked iPhone models don't usually go on sale in the US until a couple of months after the initial launch.

Thanks, but its show that they start sell UNLOCKE official

EGamComp

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2013
If you buy a 100 new iPhones and put them in your suitcase, customs enforcements will stop you and you'll have to pay taxes for your country...

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
a bunch of places I went to won't sell to non US customers. people who get 1st dibs are new 2 year costumers and people resigning a 2 year deal. At least at Best Buy and Radio shack in Boston they weren't giving it to foriegners because they didn't want people who were going to resell them. I go to BC and have a lot of exchange student friend who were super pissed off about it. Even then they made me and my friends jump hoops to get one and were basically like don't resell the phone. WE EVEN Preordered them and they made it sound like we were criminals.

My point is it won't be super easy to get 1 the 1st week unless you wait in line but if your in boston you might want to ask if they'd even sell you one. They defiantly won't sell you more than 1 anywhere unless you sign a contract with them with more than 1 line.

APPLEFUNRF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 30, 2013
Washington DC
a bunch of places I went to won't sell to non US customers. people who get 1st dibs are new 2 year costumers and people resigning a 2 year deal. At least at Best Buy and Radio shack in Boston they weren't giving it to foriegners because they didn't want people who were going to resell them. I go to BC and have a lot of exchange student friend who were super pissed off about it. Even then they made me and my friends jump hoops to get one and were basically like don't resell the phone. WE EVEN Preordered them and they made it sound like we were criminals.

My point is it won't be super easy to get 1 the 1st week unless you wait in line but if your in boston you might want to ask if they'd even sell you one. They defiantly won't sell you more than 1 anywhere unless you sign a contract with them with more than 1 line.

People like me - pay TAX and make some budget for Apple

----------

If you buy a 100 new iPhones and put them in your suitcase, customs enforcements will stop you and you'll have to pay taxes for your country...

Dont worry about customs, but thanks for advice.

----------

Pre-order will be at 13 of September, how do you think is it possible order Iphone 5S for full price ONLINE 13 of September ? If so - not more then 2 pcs ?

themumu

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2011
Sunnyvale
Even if you intend to use the phones as gifts, it still smells like buying them off with the purpose of reselling, and Apple (and many other companies) usually have policies to try and avoid that. In Canada Apple usually imposes a 2 phones per person limit on sales near launch day, so you often see entire families camped out waiting to get the phones for resale in countries where it has not been launched yet. I'm afraid you'll have to do a lot of legwork to pull off something like that close to launch date, no easy way out.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
You are the reason it's impossible to get new iPhones for the first few days of release.

How about you kindly don't do this, and wait until they are available in your country? I can forgive someone flying it the US to buy one for themselves or family, but what you describe is the reason behind the shortages.

Just. Don't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.