Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
DFU restore? Why would that make a difference? If you don't mind me asking!

A lot of people are doing upgrades - which is the worst.
Normal restore is fine.
DFU just makes sure nothing is left at all, think of it like a nuke for your iPhone

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Normal restore is fine.
DFU just makes sure nothing is left at all, think of it like a nuke for your iPhone

You do realise when Apple push this on the 18th, the OTA does an in place update. If an update was such a bad option then why would apple do that?

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
Normal restore is fine.

Hrmm so do u think DFU will make the transitions as fast as iOS 6? Or is that just an inevitable thing?

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
You do realise when Apple push this on the 18th, the OTA does an in place update. If an update was such a bad option then why would apple do that?

Because it's easier and a smoother user experience... Apple won't admit upgrade is worse than restore.

----------

Hrmm so do u think DFU will make the transitions as fast as iOS 6? Or is that just an inevitable thing?

I think that's hardcoded. Can be easily fixed by Apple or jailbreak (when it is jailbroken).

The "lag" is just slow animations, but not actual processing lag

Last edited:

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
Because it's easier and a smoother user experience... Apple won't admit upgrade is worse than restore.

----------

I think that's hardcoded. Can be easily fixed by Apple or jailbreak (when it is jailbroken).

The "lag" is just slow animations, but actual processing lag

Yah I think its something that they need to technically fix themselves..Im not a developer but Ive seen other developers do this no problem with other betas Ive tried on android (when I use to flash roms) So why is this something they didn't or couldn't do?

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Did I misunderstand something or are u really saying that the new introduced burst mode on the native camera app works for older devices? That'd be great news!

Yeah it's enabled on the 4S. It doesn't choose the best photo like the 5S but it still capture photos in bursts.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Yah I think its something that they need to technically fix themselves..Im not a developer but Ive seen other developers do this no problem with other betas Ive tried on android (when I use to flash roms) So why is this something they didn't or couldn't do?

Sorry I made a big typo there!

I should have said the "lag" is just slow animations... all Apple need to do it speed them up. It's not processing speed making them slow... the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5S animate transitions the same

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I upgraded and ios7 was a bit sluggish. Doing a "Reset all Settings" made things much faster. You might want to try that before a full restore as you don't lose all your apps and media.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.