Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
So I went to Sam's and picked up a black 32gb mini for $334. Basically $95 off.

I know new models will probably be released soon, so should I keep? I have a feeling the new iPad Mini 2 32gb will be close to $500 to compensate for the retina screen.

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
It's also a little sarcasm since only you can answer that question. The Mini is a perfectly capable device as of right now. The Mini 2 coming out isn't going to drastically change the usability of what you have right now. That said, unless you need 32GB, it would probably be wiser to wait right now. I know I don't have the patience, but still.

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
It's also a little sarcasm since only you can answer that question. The Mini is a perfectly capable device as of right now. The Mini 2 coming out isn't going to drastically change the usability of what you have right now. That said, unless you need 32GB, it would probably be wiser to wait right now. I know I don't have the patience, but still.

Yeah I know... It is a fine device. I do use slightly more than 16gbs so the 32 is a good spot. Just looking at the costs and we know Apple likes good profit I am thinking the ipad mini 2 with 32 gbs is going to be close to $500 which is more than I want to pay.

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
Well Sam's has a 30 day return policy so I can see what Apple does over the next couple of weeks.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
It's up to you. You will have to return it before being able to see the next iPad Mini. It is going to be announced late October. More than 30 days from now.

If you want a Retina screen really bad, then return it. If you're using your iPad right now, and are perfectly content. Then keep it, you'll be just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.