|Sep 13, 2013, 03:05 AM||#1|
iPhone 5c Pre-Orders Begin in 10 Countries
Apple has started taking pre-orders for the iPhone 5c in 10 countries around the world, including the U.S., Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and the United Kingdom.
Pre-orders are available directly from Apple in most countries via the Apple Online Store and the Apple Store iOS App [Direct Link]; historically, the iOS app has been more resilient against traffic surges than the online store.
In the U.S., Apple is selling the 16GB iPhone 5c on most carriers for $99 with a two-year contract, while the 32GB version is $199. T-Mobile is offering the 5c for $0 down plus 24 monthly payments of $22 per month.
There is also an unlocked GSM version of the 5c available for $549 (16GB) and $649 (32GB). All models come in blue, green, pink, yellow and white.
The iPhone 5c will go on sale next Friday, September 20, and the initial crop of orders should arrive that day. The iPhone 5s will have no pre-order period and will go on sale the same day.
In the U.S., pre-orders are available from:
- Apple Online Store
- Apple Store iOS App [Direct Link]
- Walmart (In-Store Only, offering the iPhone 5c for $79)
- Best Buy (In-Store Only, must purchase $50 gift card to pre-order, can be used towards cost of phone)
- Radio Shack (In-Store Only)
- Target (In-Store Only)
Article Link: iPhone 5c Pre-Orders Begin in 10 Countries
|Sep 13, 2013, 03:08 AM||#6|
"iPhone 5C Pre-Orders sell out in 39 seconds."
Who knew plastic was so attractive?
2012 15" Retina MacBook Pro | 2.6 GHz | 512GB SSD | 16 GB RAM | ML 10.8 | 64 GB AT&T iPhone 5
R.I.P. 8 GB AT&T iPhone 3GS | R.I.P. 2009 13" MacBook Pro | 16 GB AT&T iPhone 4
|Sep 13, 2013, 03:10 AM||#12|
Be patient a few more weeks for the real deal. iPhone 5S
The things you own end up owning you.Sent from Paper Street Soap. Co
It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything
|Sep 13, 2013, 03:11 AM||#14|
I have a 5 and if it were to die I would get this over the 5S. Having the colors would be worth it to me. I always preferred the plastic feel of the 3G over the other ones.
|Sep 13, 2013, 03:13 AM||#19|
1. Next year's 6 needs to come in two sizes, a 4.8-5 inch screen to rival the competitors because people do want bigger, and the current size. And not just keeping the 5S around, but actually offering the new model in two sizes that both get whatever new hardware bells and whistles come along.
2. While I have been beta testing iOS 7 I would have to say that some features are nice, but on the whole there are simply too many mistakes and wrong turns. Getting away from skeumorphism is a good idea, there are still issues with the new iOS. Probably the biggest is the reluctance to make an even larger paradigm shift. This was the first real shakeup and they didn't take advantage of the change to really change. A few features and different colors/icons/styles doesn't count.
Here's to hoping for some real innovation for iOS 8 or 9 in the next year or two as well as with the iPhone 6.
I know this because Tyler knows this.
You are not a beautiful snowflake. You are the same decaying matter as everything else.
|Sep 13, 2013, 03:14 AM||#21|
Just checked the vodafone / three / o2 and ee websites in the uk, all except 3 are now accepting pre orders for the 5C and websites are working fine. Applestore uk also gliding along nicely. Certainly everything working better than when I was trying to preorder my 5 on Vodafone last year
Edit: 3 have now caught up. Lets rock n roll! well the people that want one anyway!
Last edited by vmistery; Sep 13, 2013 at 03:16 AM. Reason: update info
|Sep 13, 2013, 03:15 AM||#22|
Checked the Australian (Apple) site. $869.00 for a iPhone5c 32GB you had got to be kidding me.
Last edited by ezatech; Sep 13, 2013 at 03:16 AM. Reason: left out the 32GB part.
|Sep 13, 2013, 03:16 AM||#24|
15" MacBook Pro (early 2011), 2.0 GHz i7, 16 GB RAM; iPad 4, 32 GB; iPhone 5s, 32 GB
|Sep 13, 2013, 03:17 AM||#25|
Just got the 5C 32Gb!
Excited to go from my 5 to 5C since it has a better battery, front time FT camera, and new durable design!
After trading in my phone to Gazelle for $335 and buying this, plus a dock, plus Apple Care...I'm breaking even!
PS - Got it on the App!
21.5" iMac (2011) | iPhone 5C 32GB (White) | iPod Classic 120GB
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.