Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OMAC83

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
If we order out 5s on the 20th when can we expect to actually see the phone , im unable to wait in line thisyear

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
I really dont think this will sell out day one at all locations. I went to my local ATT store the day the 5 launched at 5pm after preordering and finding out I wouldnt get my preorder for a week, and guess what? They had the phone I wanted in stock...

karmatourer

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
In my house
That's the exception,not the norm,from reading posts about the release of the 5.I wish you luck if you try it again.I think the lack of pre-order will make a difference this year.

I really dont think this will sell out day one at all locations. I went to my local ATT store the day the 5 launched at 5pm after preordering and finding out I wouldnt get my preorder for a week, and guess what? They had the phone I wanted in stock...

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
I can't wait in line either due to work, but I believe it's worth waiting until Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday for delivery instead of having to wait in a long line at the local apple/wireless carrier store (depending on where you live).

ajaxmonkey

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2011
Yeah I'm thinking of ordering online because you can not wait in line at AT&T correct?

OMAC83

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
I'm going to buy unlocked so I guess at this point I'm ordering online :(

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
This happened to me as well with my verizon iPhone 4S. I could have had it day one (october 14) but had to wait 'til the 28th due to it being backordered. Oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.