Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleTalker

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
Hello. I have a very important file on my Mac (running Lion) and it is a PDF. I created a folder for that specific file, but it still shows up in All My Files. Even if i drag it out of All my files into the folder i created.

Is there any way around this? :( I have clients who use it and i don`t want them to see it right away.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
I have clients who use it and i don`t want them to see it right away.
If you have clients using your Mac, then really they should not be in your user account.

Create a new account, or use a guest account, and then store files that you want them to access in /Users/Shared.

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
"All my files" is not a folder but a search function. Why not remove it from the sidebar of finder--that will more or less hide it.

TallGuyGT

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
NYC
In Finder preferences, you can use "new windows show" to select a different view. I have mine set to the top level of my user account (just a collection of folders).

Sometimes I open the Finder in front of people and don't want them to see what's on my Mac.

MeUnix

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2013
San Francisco
If you have clients using your Mac, then really they should not be in your user account.

Create a new account, or use a guest account, and then store files that you want them to access in /Users/Shared.

Agreed. Personally, I wouldn't have clients on my Mac using my account, but then again you didn't state what type of business you're in so who am I to say ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.