Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1h2oman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
I'm away in a hotel and connected my new AE with no problem. I then connected my ATV but it won't work. I keep getting a error saying it can't update the time from the network. So it can't connect to iTunes. Keep in mind I only have my ipad with me. Any help?

Thraun

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2008
Abbotsford, BC
More info would be helpful. Is the AE (Airport Express, or Extreme?) actually providing an internet connection? Can you connect to it and surf the web with your iPad?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
AE = airport express? or airport extreme?

you've connected the AE to the wired connection in the hotel room?

is the AE in Bridge mode? (you don't want this)

The aTV is connected to the wireless from the AE?

have you taken another device (laptop, ipad, iphone) connected to the AE wifi, gone to any website, and if a login page pops up from the hotel, done what you need to get online? you need to do this to register the mac address from you AE with the hotel's system.

1h2oman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
It's an airport express. And it was in bridge mode. I switched it to
DHCP AND nat mode and got it to work. But when I tried to download movies
On the Apple TV it's very slow. All I have is my ipad. Thanks for helping

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
It's an airport express. And it was in bridge mode. I switched it to
DHCP AND nat mode and got it to work. But when I tried to download movies
On the Apple TV it's very slow. All I have is my ipad. Thanks for helping

Download the speedtest.net app on the iPad and see what kind of data rate you're getting through the AirPort Express. A lot of hotels have very slow Internet.

1h2oman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
Thanks everyone, everything is up and running to speck. I went to the hotel site and you only get 1mb upload and download speed. I download speed test app and I'm getting 1.01 download and 1.00 upload and 15 ping whatever that means. So know everything is working.:):apple: thanks again

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
15 ping whatever that means

15 millisecond ping means it took 15/1000 (.015) of a second for a packet of data to go from your computer, to the speed test server, and then back to your computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.