Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
you know what - my post kind of has the exact same tone that i'm accusing you of having.

So just to be clear, I am really not trying to be condescending or belittle people who want to spend their money on the protection plan. I know people who get it and then end up getting a repair never regret it!

Full disclosure I'm neither an economist or a mathematician....But one of my majors was econ and I minored in math so i'm always looking for an excuse to talk about both :D

wrsorg

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2013
Can I buy AppleCare after buying the Mac? I was waiting for the Haswell rMBP but I am on the verge of getting an i7/8Gb 13" MBA, and with educational discount I can get AppleCare for 174€. Still wondering if it is worth that much... had a 15" MBP for nearly 2 years and never needed anything

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Can I buy AppleCare after buying the Mac? I was waiting for the Haswell rMBP but I am on the verge of getting an i7/8Gb 13" MBA, and with educational discount I can get AppleCare for 174€. Still wondering if it is worth that much... had a 15" MBP for nearly 2 years and never needed anything

Yes, you can buy it anytime before the included one year warranty expires.

As far as if it is worth it or not, only you can decide that IMO. It is essentially insurance. You can pay to have no risk or save some money and take the risk.

Personally, I am not a believer in any extended warranties like this, but that's just me. I have owned literally dozens of Apple products of all kinds since my first Macbook in 2003 and not a single one has ever needed repair outside of the standard warranty. So in my case I have saved a lot of money by not buying Applecare. Others may not want to take that chance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.