Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Please take a minute or more to read all the info below carefully - because it answers just about all questions most of the people are already asking in this thread...I have included a video showing Verizon 5S running on Straight Talk + Verizon at the bottom link available

Thanks to the FCC agreement when they sold Verizon the LTE Network - All Verizon LTE capable Smartphones are FACTORY UNLOCKED - I have tested iPhone 5, 5C and 5S on Multiple networks and so have millions of other owners! - Everything works, no difference LTE 4G you name it![Can be used in USA + Worldwide Unlike Sprint iPhones] - This is not a Myth...Its a True Statement

2013-10-08%2009.27.33%20pm.jpg

As you can see the model #'s for the North American iPhone 5S and 5C for the GSM and Verizon CDMA are the same, however these are two separate devices

GSM A1533/A1532 = CDMA Disabled & No way to Enable it! [Will Support 100% 3G/4G/LTE on All North American Carriers except Sprint & Verizon]
CDMA A1533/A1532 = GSM + CDMA Enabled [Will Support 100% 3G/4G/LTE on All North American Carriers except Sprint)

If you buy a Verizon iPhone 5S/5C = It will work on All GSM Networks + Verizon and can be flashed to other CDMA Networks! except Sprint because Verizon & Sprint do not allow phones purchased from other carriers on their network = IMEI/ESN must be from a pre-approved or iPhone sold by the respective carrier.

So those of you that are confused or want to know which phone to buy at full retail price?

1) Verizon iPhone 5S/5C = True world phone with flexibility of using it on a CDMA Network (Access All GSM Networks Worldwide + Verizon)

2) AT&T/T-Mobile or GSM Unlocked A1533/A1532 model = Will work on All GSM Networks Worldwide = Sufficient for majority of the buyers out there.

**Those of you buying phones on contract/subsidy it doesn't really make sense for you to buy the Verizon iPhone 5C/5S vs AT&T or T-Mobile...just go with the one your carrier is giving you**

Additional info:

Before you start wondering, Yes the GSM models do support Verizon LTE, however you will never be able to access the networks because Verizon & Sprint require their devices to fall back to CDMA for Talking, checking balance etc etc. as well as the entire PRE-APPROVED IMEI restriction in place.

Also some of you may recall that the iPhone 5 A1429 model had two variations:
1) GSM (Sold in international markets/outside of north america)
2) CDMA+GSM (Sold by Verizon Unlocked and Sprint Locked)

Note: Some random carriers like US Celluar...I have no idea If/When CDMA/LTE will work on iPhones, I am only aware of all the info presented above and have done my best to explain what is and isn't, for some general things you may/may not understand...just try to use some common sense...if a network operates on same bands/frequencies or uses towers of other networks like Straight Talk uses AT&T/T-Mobile etc etc then things will work and so on....

What is Unlocking:
- Unlocking is a method performed on GSM Smartphones, Some use Codes, while iPhones are all done through iTunes (IF your iPhone is locked, you can request unlocking from your Carrier for FREE given you have fulfilled the requirements - usually 90 days of service or you can get it done from a 3rd party - However 3rd Party = Cost = Currently AT&T iPhones can be unlocked fairly low (Click Here), while T-Mobile are far more expensive around $115 on average)
- Unlock is only needed to be done one time, It is permanent and remains forever! - You can switch SIM cards as often as you like with any carrier as you like that uses SIM card based technology (roughly 99% of the carriers worldwide use SIM cards)
- Verizon/Sprint iPhone 4 = Can only be flashed to other CDMA Carriers (Excluding Sprint as they do not allow it)
- Verizon/Sprint iPhone 4S = Can only be flashed to other CDMA Carriers or Unlocked for International USE ONLY (Cannot be used in USA)
- Verizon iPhone 5/5C/5S = All come Factory Unlocked = You do not need to do anything or request unlock or buy unlocking service = Use on any GSM Network in USA + Worldwide
- Sprint iPhone 5/5C/5S = Locked and Even when you get it unlocked, can ONLY BE USED OUTSIDE USA on GSM Networks - Sprint iPhone Unlocking Services are rare-to-non-existent. Sprint is very strict!

What is Flashing:
- Flashing is a process much like Unlocking, however it is not as flexible, Flashing is done to CDMA smartphones for CDMA networks, its kind of like adding the IMEI/ESN into the CDMA Carrier's Database, Note once flashed this smartphone can only be used on that particular network, should you wish to use it on another network, you will have to get it Flashed again.

YouTube Video:

http://youtu.be/y1QwHU-GS20 (Sorry my first video ever, its not perfect but highlights whats important)

I Currently have the Verizon iPhone 5S A1533 and Verizon iPhone 5C A1532 Models on Hand - Everything stated above has been confirmed 100% on both units.

Need a Prepaid Plan for your Unlocked iPhone? Check out my other thread: (Click Here)

Need to Unlock your AT&T iPhone, Samsung, HTC or any other AT&T Smartphone? Visit my site: (Click Here)

Another helpful post by another member: I have edited a few things (Underlined)

I've seen tons of threads popping up here asking where to get unlocked iPhone 5S/5C, which ones are unlocked, and from where to buy them. Here is the final word on this to end all questions.

AT&T
Unlocked: If purchased from Apple store full retail price device only
Locked: If purchased from Apple at the subsidized price, AT&T, or any other 3rd party retailer
Note: Can easily be unlocked for Cheap using remote IMEI sites (Click Here) (does not matter whether phone is in contract or not)
Carrier: AT&T will unlock your iPhone 5S/5C once your contract is completed per request. Unlock works for any GSM carrier, US or other countries.

Verizon
Unlocked: No matter where purchased or at what price, ALL Verizon iPhone 5S/5C are unlocked right out of the box. Even if they are bought from Verizon or 3rd party retailers at the subsidized price. Can never be carrier locked. The is due to an FCC requirement for Verizon LTE phones.

T-Mobile
Unlocked: If purchased from Apple. The iPhone is only sold to T-Mobile customers at full retail price by Apple, no EIP financing through Apple. Thus coming from Apple, the iPhone 5S/5C that has a T-Mobile sim card is factory unlocked out of the box.
Locked: If purchased from a T-Mobile retail store whether financing or at full retail price. Phone will be LOCKED.
Carrier: T-Mobile allows you to request an unlock for your phone after 40 days of service with the carrier. Unlock works for any GSM carrier. US and other countries.

Sprint
Unlocked: This phone can ONLY be unlocked by at the discretion of Sprint. After 90 days of service and paying your bill on time Sprint will allow you to request an unlock of your iPhone.
Locked: This phone will be locked no matter where or how you purchased it. Full retail or subsidized.
Note: Even when Sprint 'unlocks' your iPhone, it is only for international use. It CANNOT be used on domestic GSM carriers like AT&T or T-Mobile. This means that in the USA your phone can only be used on Sprint even if it is unlocked. No exceptions.

Attachments

• image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 1,836
  • IMG_7993.png
    IMG_7993.png
    880 KB · Views: 1,703
  • IMG_8060.jpeg
    IMG_8060.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,330
  • IMG_4393.PNG
    IMG_4393.PNG
    529 KB · Views: 1,651
Last edited:

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
So is it a certainty that the Verizon model will get both full HSPA and LTE on AT&T and T-Mobile? I feel like I read the Verizon model still won't get LTE on other carriers and would be limited to HSPA...

s54

Suspended
Sep 25, 2012
Excellent post. Exactly the info I've been looking for. You break it down perfectly. This thread should be a sticky.

So, as was the case with the iPhone 5, the Verizon iPhone 5S model is the way to go. I have the Verizon iPhone 5 and I couldn't be happier. I use it a lot when traveling abroad.

In Chicago metropolitan area, Verizon has a clear edge over AT&T. Reception in most places throughout the city is superior. And that's why I always felt that the majority of AT&T iPhone 5 owners were screwing themselves due to poorer reception.

The problem with previous Verizon iPhones was that they couldn't be used abroad. The Verizon iPhone 5 fixed that entirely.

I toured Europe last month for 3 weeks. My Verizon iPhone 5 worked EVERYWHERE I went. I had full bars most of the time and had 3G 99% of the times. Oddly enough, two of my friends with AT&T iPhone 5's were struggling to get reception or data in places where my phone had excellent signal. Sometimes they could use voice, but their data didn't work. And vice versa. Suffice to say, my phone never experienced the issues theirs did. I can't explain why, since I was under the impression that both AT&T and Verizon iPhone 5's would work in identical manner on GSM networks in Europe. But this clearly wasn't the case. The AT&T iPhone 5's struggled miserably.

maxsmacs

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2005
SK
It's not that easy

As per my understanding, while a Verizon phone may allow you to utilize both CDMA and GSM features, you are limited to using ONLY CDMA when in the US, so the picture is not as rosy for people who choose to buy Verizon iPhones for universal use.

s54

Suspended
Sep 25, 2012
As per my understanding, while a Verizon phone may allow you to utilize both CDMA and GSM features, you are limited to using ONLY CDMA when in the US, so the picture is not as rosy for people who choose to buy Verizon iPhones for universal use.

Correct.

Question becomes: why on earth would you NOT want to use Verizon in the USA?

To most people, it is clearly the superior network to all others in this country. Please don't say it's because you can talk and browse at the same time. That's probably the most useless capability ever.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois

What are you talking about...I feel you didn't read at all....

Verizon iPhone 5/5C/5S are Factory Unlocked = Can be used on any GSM Network (HSPA/HSPA+ and LTE Access where supported) Worldwide INCLUDING USA!

Verizon iPHone 5C/5S = CAN BE USED ON VERIZON CDMA NETWORK AS WELL AS ALL GSM NETWORKS, Can be flashed to Pageplus and many other CDMA networks!

Do not confuse with Sprint iPhones (Any/All Models) = Can only be used Internationally on different carriers/ Have a block on GSM usage within USA

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Definitely something to keep in mind, however, is there really any benefit to most users? Neither Verizon or AT&T offer any cheaper full-service BYOD plans, so using a contract free phone on these two networks is absolutely useless.

Also keep in mind that PagePlus is 3G EVDO only.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Correct.

To most people, it is clearly the superior network to all others in this country. Please don't say it's because you can talk and browse at the same time. That's probably the most useless capability ever.

I dropped them and I'll give you a few reasons why:

No simultaneous talk and surf, this is a very useful feature. With Verizon I was missing google voice messages, group messages, and having delayed iMessages because I was on the phone. Got tired of "hold on let me call you back I need my Internet real quick)
Poor data plan offerings. $100 for a 2GB capped data plan?
Poor conference calling capability
Expensive relative some of the other carriers
Slow 3G when not in an LTE area (LTE still drops to 3G in many large buildings)

AllieNeko

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2003
Correct.

Useless to you, not to me. And I like AT&T because it has much better coverage in my state AND I can get the service much cheaper with prepaid. Why on earth would I want to pay more for far less coverage with Verizon?

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I dropped them and I'll give you a few reasons why:

No simultaneous talk and surf, this is a very useful feature. With Verizon I was missing google voice messages, group messages, and having delayed iMessages because I was on the phone. Got tired of "hold on let me call you back I need my Internet real quick)
Poor data plan offerings. $100 for a 2GB capped data plan?
Poor conference calling capability
Expensive relative some of the other carriers
Slow 3G when not in an LTE area (LTE still drops to 3G in many large buildings)

Don't forget that annoying busy signal others hear when they call you and you are on with someone else. I know it seems like a small thing, but the fact that you cannot disable it just rubs me the wrong way.

AllieNeko

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2003
Definitely something to keep in mind, however, is there really any benefit to most users? Neither Verizon or AT&T offer any cheaper full-service BYOD plans, so using a contract free phone on these two networks is absolutely useless.

Also keep in mind that PagePlus is 3G EVDO only.

AT&T does. $60/mo unlimited talk and text and 2GB data. Aio and Net10/Straight Talk also offer great deals if you can deal with slower APNs (still LTE now but much slower)

StephenAndrew

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2009
Connecticut, USA
What is involved with flashing/unlocking a phone?

The reason I ask is because I have an iPhone 5 on ATT - my mother has an iPhone 4s on Verizon. She is eligible for an upgrade, I am not. Would I be able to purchase an iPhone 5s on my mother's Verizon plan at the subsidized price, and use it under my ATT plan? Would that be possible/allowed? Any insight is much appreciated.

tasset

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2007
There seems to be lots of confusion and threads are popping up again and again...everyone seems to not understand one thing...its quiet simple but maybe its confusing enough that everyone keeps asking so I'm going to explain and hope its clear....

Please read all info below carefully - because it answers just about all questions most of the people are already asking in this thread...

Thanks to the FCC the Verizon iPhone 5, 5C and iPhone 5S (As well as all Future iPhones) will be/are/is Factory unlocked [Can be used in USA + Worldwide Unlike Sprint iPhones]

iPhone 5S:

Model A1533 (GSM)*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 19, 20, 25)
Model A1533 (CDMA)*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 19, 20, 25)

iPhone 5C:

Model A1532 (GSM)*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 19, 20, 25)

Model A1532 (CDMA)*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 19, 20, 25)

As you can see the model #'s for the North American iPhone 5S and 5C for the GSM and Verizon CDMA are the same, however these are two separate devices

GSM = CDMA Disabled & No way to Enable it! [Will Support 100% 3G/4G/LTE on All North American Carriers except Sprint & Verizon]
CDMA = CDMA + GSM ENABLED [Will Support 100% 3G/4G/LTE on All North American Carriers except Sprint)

So if you buy a iPhone 5S/5C from AT&T or T-Mobie you will not be able to use it on ANY CDMA network! It will only work on GSM Networks

If you buy a Verizon iPhone 5S/5C = It will work on All GSM Networks + Verizon and can be flashed to other CDMA Networks! except Sprint because Verizon & Sprint do not allow phones purchased from other carriers on their network = IMEI/ESN must be from a pre-approved or iPhone sold by the respective carrier.

Now a Sprint iPhone 5C/5S = Great but cannot be used in USA (Domestic) because of the way sprint unlocking policy works...making the phone a crippled Worldphone...that is only good for international Use/Outside of United States

So those of you that are confused or want to know which phone to buy?

1) Verizon iPhone 5S/5C = True world phone with flexibility of using it on a CDMA Network (Access All GSM Networks Worldwide + Verizon)

2) AT&T/T-Mobile or GSM Unlocked A1533/A1532 model = Will work on All GSM Networks Worldwide = Sufficient for majority of the buyers out there.

Additional info:

Before you start wondering, Yes the GSM models do support Verizon and Sprint LTE Bands, however you will never be able to access the networks because Verizon & Sprint require their devices to fall back to CDMA for Talking, checking balance etc etc. as well as the entire PRE-APPROVED IMEI restriction in place.

Also some of you may recall that the iPhone 5 A1429 model had two variations:
1) GSM (Sold in international markets/outside of north america)
2) CDMA+GSM (Sold by Verizon Unlocked and Sprint Locked)

This time around Apple has combined the Verizon + AT&T + T-Mobile models because they all support the same LTE bands, only difference remaining the CDMA Chip/Radio being Enabled/Disabled and while Sprint uses two separate LTE bands which Apple could have incorporated into the same model, but probably wanted to clear any/all frustration among customers and employees as I think its possibly due to the fact that lots of people would scam others on Craigslist/eBay telling them that the iPhone belongs to Verizon when in reality it belonged to Sprint which was a LOCKED model vs Verizon's Factory Unlocked model (entirely possible there was another motive to separate Verizon & Sprint models - I'm just theorizing as I have seen lots of people stuck in such situation....)...no more will people be as confused thanks to the different model numbers.

Note: Some random carriers like US Celluar...I have no idea If/When CDMA/LTE will work on iPhones, I am only aware of all the info presented above and have done my best to explain what is and isn't, for some general things you may/may not understand...just try to use some common sense...if a network operates on same bands/frequencies or uses towers of other networks like Straight Talk uses AT&T/T-Mobile etc etc then things will work and so on....

Need a Prepaid Plan for your Unlocked iPhone? Check out my other thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1356525/

Any other information I may have missed and you guys think is important , let me know, I'll be glad to add it into the OP

Thank you for the work in posting, this is more of a feature that I am looking for than even the camera upgrade. HOWEVER this is all just theory (reasonable theory however) until Friday when someone actually pops alternate SIM cards between AT&T/Verizon/TMobile devices. The Verizon iPhone 5 I had was great to pop in AT&T and TMobile SIM cards for HSPA data. And I hope the unlocked trend continues with the 5S with LTE compatibility, but this is Verizon we are talking about. One of the most ungracious scourges that has ever claimed to be a business.

maxsmacs

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2005
SK
What are you talking about...I feel you didn't read at all....

Verizon iPhone 5/5C/5S are Factory Unlocked = Can be used on any GSM Network (HSPA/HSPA+ and LTE Access where supported) Worldwide INCLUDING USA!

Verizon iPHone 5C/5S = CAN BE USED ON VERIZON CDMA NETWORK AS WELL AS ALL GSM NETWORKS, Can be flashed to Pageplus and many other CDMA networks!

Do not confuse with Sprint iPhones (Any/All Models) = Can only be used Internationally on different carriers/ Have a block on GSM usage within USA

Verizon iPhones have always been Verizon only within US and unlock abroad. Unless Apple has changed this, then the 5S will follow what is the 4S and the 5.

tasset

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2007
Verizon iPhones have always been Verizon only within US and unlock abroad. Unless Apple has changed this, then the 5S will follow what is the 4S and the 5.

Wrong. You can pop an AT&T or TMobile sim card in a Verizon iPhone5 and get service perfectly fine (just not LTE speeds). Believe me, Verizon doesn't advertise this as a feature and would just assume overturn the FCC in hopes of stifling customer satisfaction.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois

Please stop posting, as you are only going to confuse others that read your posts..... because its clear now that you have no knowledge of the Verizon iPhone 5 being Factory Unlocked and the FCC Ruling that forced Verizon to UNLOCK ALL SMARTPHONES THAT ACCESS ITS LTE Network when Verizon Purchased the spectrum for its great LTE network.

to name a few Verizon smartphones that come factory unlocked include the most popular smartphones:
Samsung S3, S4, Z10, Q10, iPhone 5, Note II and HTC ONE (Now 5C and 5S - you will see reports soon enough)

Not a myth, not a rumor, its a true fact

I unlock smartphones for people through my site, locally and on eBay, I know which phones are locked, unlocked, unlockable and where they can/cant be used.

I will say it again...stop confusing your self, just read my original post - since your first post I have clarified lots of doubts some people have.

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012

False. The iPhone 5 worked on AT&T HSPA. Similarly, the new droids work just fine on AT&T HSPA as well.

To my knowledge there has never been a Verizon phone that works on AT&T LTE. Maybe this new iPhone will be the first.

maxsmacs

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2005
SK

The reason I ask is because I have an iPhone 5 on ATT - my mother has an iPhone 4s on Verizon. She is eligible for an upgrade, I am not. Would I be able to purchase an iPhone 5s on my mother's Verizon plan at the subsidized price, and use it under my ATT plan? Would that be possible/allowed? Any insight is much appreciated.

This is a possible reality! Bands are the same and if it is truly unlocked including domestic use, then why not!

----------

False. The iPhone 5 worked on AT&T HSPA. Similarly, the new droids work just fine on AT&T HSPA as well.

To my knowledge there has never been a Verizon phone that works on AT&T LTE. Maybe this new iPhone will be the first.

Ahhh yes. LTE. That's what I mean. You guys are right!

tasset

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2007
Please stop posting, as you are only going to confuse others that read your posts..... because its clear now that you have no knowledge of the Verizon iPhone 5 being Factory Unlocked and the FCC Ruling that forced Verizon to UNLOCK ALL SMARTPHONES THAT ACCESS ITS LTE Network when Verizon Purchased the spectrum for its great LTE network.

Not a myth, not a rumor, its a true fact

I unlock smartphones for people through my site, locally and on eBay, I know which phones are locked, unlocked, unlockable and where they can/cant be used.

I will say it again...stop confusing your self, just read my original post - since your first post I have clarified lots of doubts some people have.

Can you post back as soon as you verify 100% the Verizon iPhone 5S works with AT&T/TMobile LTE? I would prefer to add a line on a family member's Verizon account and then use it on my TMobile line, but I would hate to go through the effort only to find out it is in fact locked or at least is locked from other US providers' LTE.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois

Yes you can do that, but do note that your mother cannot use your iPhone 5 from AT&T on her Verizon plan.

I have updated the original post after reading your question, Please re-read the bottom section as I think its truly going to answer all of your questions :)

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Can you post back as soon as you verify 100% the Verizon iPhone 5S works with AT&T/TMobile LTE? I would prefer to add a line on a family member's Verizon account and then use it on my TMobile line, but I would hate to go through the effort only to find out it is in fact locked or at least is locked from other US providers' LTE.

I will try to depending on if the store has a Verizon model in stock, if it does I'll buy that one instead of the GSM one. However I am 100% confident that the 5C/5S will be unlocked that are sold by Verizon because of the FCC ruling, they cannot overturn that as it was part of their agreement when they launched the LTE network.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US

In my case it's because Verizon's signal sucks at my home. No LTE and poor 3G. AT&T and TMO are full signal even in the basement. :D

maxsmacs

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2005
SK

Is there a way to buy Verizon iPhones unlocked/no contract on launch day?

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
AT&T does. $60/mo unlimited talk and text and 2GB data. Aio and Net10/Straight Talk also offer great deals if you can deal with slower APNs (still LTE now but much slower)

They offer their capped prepaid services but neither of them offer a full-service BYOD plan like T-Mobile and now Sprint does.

This is also wants so laughable about their upgrade programs, as you are effectively subsidizing a handset twice.

----------

I think you are confused with the technical limitations. The reason that the iPhone 5 doesn't not work on AT&T's LTE is because it doesn't support their LTE bands.

The iphone 4s was a different story and yes this was locked out from any US GSM carrier.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
They offer their capped prepaid services but neither of them offer a full-service BYOD plan like T-Mobile and now Sprint does.

This is also wants so laughable about their upgrade programs, as you are effectively subsidizing a handset twice.

I'm on the AT&T GoPhone $60 plan [Paying $54 via Callingmart.com 10% off coupon] and I'm not sure what part of it is capped...

- Unlimited Talk + Text [Including International Texting] + MMS
- 2GB Data [Additional $10/1GB] 4G LTE Uncapped Speeds = Tested 15-30Mbps in my area at all times)
- VVM and everything works without fiddling with any settings....
- Only thing missing is Hotspot feature.

Now I ask you...how is this any different than T-Mobile's BYOD?

I'll be switching to Straight talk now that they have LTE enabled, and I have seen reports online of speed tests showing 20-35Mbps LTE speeds....again not sure how its capped...sure ST you have to fiddle with APN to get MMS + Hotspot working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.