Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Considering selling my iPhone 4 that has quite a few faults.

It's unlocked, 2 years old & 32 gig. (refurb model from apple) but...

• The camera lens is cracked, meaning ghost artefacts appear on snaps
  • The lock button doesn't work
  • The home button doesn't work properly
  • The screen has a yellow tint in one of the corners
  • Battery life sucks

How much should I consider selling it for online, in prep for the iPhone 5S, ps I'm the UK, so suggestions in £ are preferred ;)

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania

• Battery life sucks

How much should I consider selling it for online, in prep for the iPhone 5S, ps I'm the UK, so suggestions in £ are preferred ;)

I sold an iPhone 4 16GB for 140. Euro - 105.21.

The lock button didnt work, cracked screen, and some yellow tint but not a lot. Good luck!

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
I sold an iPhone 4 16GB for 140. Euro - 105.21.

The lock button didnt work, cracked screen, and some yellow tint but not a lot. Good luck!

Damn not bad, so maybe I could aim to sell it for around £105 something like that then.

safdar

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2013

• Battery life sucks

:confused:emmmm?????????:confused:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
We traded in my Fiancee's 4S with 02...No quibble about condition, just asked if it worked...result? £170.00/ Saved us the hassle of hunting out a buyer.

The phone had a couple of small marks on it, no box or anything..just the phone.

I think Mazuma do a similar thing...With either of these options, and assuming your phone still works, maybe £50-£100 trade in...It's going to be a lot easier than finding a private buyer.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
We traded in my Fiancee's 4S with 02...No quibble about condition, just asked if it worked...result? £170.00/ Saved us the hassle of hunting out a buyer.

The phone had a couple of small marks on it, no box or anything..just the phone.

I think Mazuma do a similar thing...With either of these options, and assuming your phone still works, maybe £50-£100 trade in...It's going to be a lot easier than finding a private buyer.

Trade in with 02, means I assume you would have to be an 02 customer?

chumps52

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2013
Scotland
http://uk.webuy.com/phones/product.php?mastersku=SAPPIPH432GB&sku=SAPPIPH432GBUNLC

Even in "poor" state it sells for a decent amount of cash.... May be worth taking a look? Usually they will lower the price slightly after examining though.

Their guide:

Mint – Phone in as new/mint condition with charger, original box and all accessories.
Good - Working phone in good condition with slight cosmetic blemishes. Charger supplied. Missing one or two accessories or original box.
Poor - Phone in poor cosmetic condition. Charger supplied but missing accessories and packaging.
Non-working – Phone intact, not crushed or snapped in half. Non-working examples: dead, cracked, broken/bleeding LCD (screen), not powering up, speaker/mic faults, broken aerial, etc. No accessories required.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
http://uk.webuy.com/phones/product.php?mastersku=SAPPIPH432GB&sku=SAPPIPH432GBUNLC

Even in "poor" state it sells for a decent amount of cash.... May be worth taking a look? Usually they will lower the price slightly after examining though.

Their guide:

Mint – Phone in as new/mint condition with charger, original box and all accessories.
Good - Working phone in good condition with slight cosmetic blemishes. Charger supplied. Missing one or two accessories or original box.
Poor - Phone in poor cosmetic condition. Charger supplied but missing accessories and packaging.
Non-working – Phone intact, not crushed or snapped in half. Non-working examples: dead, cracked, broken/bleeding LCD (screen), not powering up, speaker/mic faults, broken aerial, etc. No accessories required.

Ah thanks that really is a decent amount. Hmm wouldn't really want to give up my charger though, can never have enough of those plugs or cables, but I do still have the box and everything else associated with it. might pop into my local CEX in that case then.

----------

Yours is also 32GB, is there a Craigslist or something similar where you are?

Yes they have Craiglist in London, do you have any idea how that compares to gumtree?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.