Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
So I was at AT&T for a quick second asking about 5S stuff and they mentioned something about getting an iPad for monthly payments, meaning instead of paying the couple hundred to get one up front they split it out into payments and you can also upgrade every year to the new ipad if you choose to do so. Is this an actual thing? On the AT&T website I can't find anything. The guy explained it helps people in my area a lot where the kids use the iPads at school.

Any links to more info on this?

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
So I was at AT&T for a quick second asking about 5S stuff and they mentioned something about getting an iPad for monthly payments, meaning instead of paying the couple hundred to get one up front they split it out into payments and you can also upgrade every year to the new ipad if you choose to do so. Is this an actual thing? On the AT&T website I can't find anything. The guy explained it helps people in my area a lot where the kids use the iPads at school.

Any links to more info on this?

I think they do it like how they do it with the iPhone. Two year contract and you pay a lower price up front for the iPad and it gets paid off through the two years.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
interesting, prob a 'next' expansion and they are testing it in your area.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Just this afternoon I was looking at the AT&T website for data plans and there were quite few mentions of subsidized tablets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.