Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gregpod9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2007
I need to get a Mac by the middle of next week. I'm looking at the 13" MBA (i7, 8Gb, 256 GB SSD). Should I buy it through Apple Store or MacMall?

Last edited:

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Buy which ever is cheapest. I think Macmall is usally cheaper then even the student discount.

Only time to buy directly from Apple is when your positive a new version of the mac you want is coming out. This one came out in March so I am 85% sure it won't be updated till next year. I have the new air and it's awesome !!!

My dads birthday is at the start of October and I knew a Mac show was happening a week or 2 later. I thought it was to update the iMacs but could have been ipads as well. My brother and sister made me buy him the iPad 3 so he had something to open on his birthday. I got it at microcenter to save 50 or $100 bucks. I really can't remember and the new ipad came out 2 weeks later. He didn't really care but I did.

My friend did the same thing but got it directly from Apple. Apple let him return the ipad and got the ipad 4 ...... :mad:

woodhaoji

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
really can't remember and the new ipad came out 2 weeks later. He didn't really care but I did.
14Iq7Rs

curmudgeon32

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2012
Everything else being equal, I'd just do Apple so as to avoid how much spam (physical mail and email) you're gonna get from MacMall.

gregpod9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2007
I ended up ordering the 13" MBA (i7/8/256) at Apple instead of MacMall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.