Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

95yjman

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Ok so I have this older mac performa 575, that has a password protected after dark screen saver, so as soon as it boots up it goes straight to that and is locked. Is there anyway I can get around this to shut off the screen saver and then be able to use it? Thanks for any help!

spoonie1972

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2012
Ok so I have this older mac performa 575, that has a password protected after dark screen saver, so as soon as it boots up it goes straight to that and is locked. Is there anyway I can get around this to shut off the screen saver and then be able to use it? Thanks for any help!

was hit "hold shift while booting" to turn off extensions? I imagine a screen saver like that is an extension during boot.

it could be option+shift. It's been a long since i've used anything below tiger.:D

95yjman

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
I saw the quote notification and I thought, "Huh? When did I write in that thread."

Glad to hear, I had a 575 wayyy back in the day, they were great little computers.

Yeah its pretty nice, I really don't do much with it, just another one in the collection I guess. I wanna find some old software for some of my stuff to make everything more useable..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.