Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) has released its annual rankings for customer satisfaction in the category of personal computers, which include both traditional computers and tablets, with Apple's line of Macs as well as the iPad topping the survey's rankings for the tenth straight year. Apple's satisfaction rating of 87 is ranked above other competitors such as Hewlett-Packard and Dell, which finished with scores of 80 and 79, respectively. The satisfaction rating of each company in the survey is dependent on factors such as customer expectations, perceptions of quality, and perceptions of value.

acsi_macs-800x335.jpg
Apple maintains the strong lead it has held for a decade, inching up 1% to an ACSI score of 87 Still, Apple's position might be a bit more precarious in 2013. While iPhone sales are rising, shipments of Mac PCs declined and iPad sales are slowing, pointing to possible saturation in the tablet market. Nevertheless, even as Samsung and other manufacturers of Android-based devices make inroads, Apple continues to dominate in the U.S. market, with iPads accounting for about 80% of all tablet usage.
Early last month, the ACSI also released its annual rankings for smartphone satisfaction in the United States, which revealed that the iPhone 5 was topped by Samsung's Galaxy S3 in customer satisfaction.

As the new report notes, Mac sales have stagnated in recent quarters alongside significant weakness in the overall PC market, remaining flat in July with a 5% year over year drop expected for the September quarter. Apple is, however, set to release the newest version of its operating system, OS X Mavericks, in late October, with a refresh of the company's iPads and much of its Mac line expected to happen in the next few months.

Article Link: Apple Tops Personal Computer Customer Satisfaction for Tenth Straight Year

anzio

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Innisfil, Ontario, Canada
I can see why. I had a couple of issues with my rMBP (image retention, and a dead pixel after that). This machine is fantastic, but those issues would've killed the experience.

Apple didn't even bat an eye and fixed the machine both times. I'm satisfied for sure. Support is one of the many things that adds to this rating, I'm sure.

4mat

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2008
I can see why. I had a couple of issues with my rMBP (image retention, and a dead pixel after that). This machine is fantastic, but those issues would've killed the experience.

Apple didn't even bat an eye and fixed the machine both times. I'm satisfied for sure. Support is one of the many things that adds to this rating, I'm sure.

Same here. Apple helped me out earlier this year with my 2009 iMac.

thatthat

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
Good on computers... not so much on iOS

Agreed they have a huge lead on computers. Their customer service, hardware and OS set them completely apart from the competition. BUT this news comes a month or so after apple was displaced by samsung for smartphone satisfaction. Apple is consistently #2 behind Windows Phone in most other surveys. Apple is now lagging behind in a space that they basically defined. Most other companies are making phones with competitive or better features for less money.

lincolntran

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
Agreed they have a huge lead on computers. Their customer service, hardware and OS set them completely apart from the competition. BUT this news comes a month or so after apple was displaced by samsung for smartphone satisfaction. Apple is consistently #2 behind Windows Phone in most other surveys. Apple is now lagging behind in a space that they basically defined. Most other companies are making phones with competitive or better features for less money.

Any data to back it up?

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
How in the universe are HP 2nd place? And how in the universe are Lenovo not on the list?

mondbewohner

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
...people who like Apple products love Apple products.

Or it's simple psychologic: Non-Applers are jealous of those with Apple-products because of Apples well done marketing and the "cool / must-have"-reputation. Mainly affected are men. It's the same why most women are not happy with their body because of all the beautys starring at them from every wall. And they are, in the eyes of marketing and society, declared as "good".

But hey men, take it easy, bodylotion and anti wrinkle cream will be the next big ***** we have to fight with, then we will finally overcome such banalities like supercoolfruityspeakdevicewithintgratedmicrowave. yeah.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
But hey men, take it easy, bodylotion and anti wrinkle cream will be the next big ***** we have to fight with, then we will finally overcome such banalities like supercoolfruityspeakdevicewithintgratedmicrowave. yeah.

What the hell are you even talking about, man? How did you start at "Apple Tops Personal Computer Customer Satisfaction for Tenth Straight Year" and end with body lotion and anti-aging cream?

Last edited:

Iconoclysm

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
Washington, DC

Absolute ********. Nice try.

----------

Or it's simple psychologic: Non-Applers are jealous of those with Apple-products because of Apples well done marketing and the "cool / must-have"-reputation. Mainly affected are men. It's the same why most women are not happy with their body because of all the beautys starring at them from every wall. And they are, in the eyes of marketing and society, declared as "good".

I'm ashamed to have even glimpsed what goes on in this Apple hater's mind.

joshualander

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2006
You really ought to read the article before commenting.

In other news "Satisfaction survey only taken by Apple Fanboys and Apple Employees" :rolleyes:

These findings are based solely on independent data collected by the ACSI, who compiles customer service ratings for virtually every industry in the US and UK.

You can read about their methodology here, but I know you won't.

olowott

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2011
Dundee, UK
when i buy an apple product am not scared of something going wrong:D

if it did, just walk back to the store or mail it to them;)

Life is Cool :apple:

FlatlinerG

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2011

I have no idea what you are trying to say :confused:

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
These findings are based solely on independent data collected by the ACSI, who compiles customer service ratings for virtually every industry in the US and UK.

You can read about their methodology here, but I know you won't.

Where do they compile the information ? inside Apple Stores ? :rolleyes:

i just find it funny they top surveys, the reason for this is not they are better, its because they pro-actively limit their product lines, there are more PCs, Laptops, Tablets and Phones sold by other Single companies, but because they sell 800 Models, it fragments them.

And what other company is visible on the high street in the same way as Apple, being able to walk into a store and shout at a monkey when something goes wrong is WAY better than sitting listening to hold music for 8000hrs

Ill agree that on "contact-ability" Apple are superior in every way, but that's the reason there scoring so high, not the product quality, or its reliability

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.