Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neroabarth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Hi All,

I am an AT&T Customer and want to pick up an Unlocked 5S when the come on sale (I want the benefit of being able to install a local sim when i go to Europe, etc). I was looking around on Apples website and they list the 5S "unlocked" Version but it only says "T-Mobile Unlocked" - I'm assuming this version works with both AT&T and T-Mobile in reading around?

Anyone have an experience with this and can shed some light?

Thanks All :)

Adam

Lindberg

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Denmark, Aarhus
Will the unlocked iphone 5s go on sale this friday?

I contacted Apple support and they told me that the announced release date for september 20th only was for the carrier version and not the unlocked.

Do you know if the apple stores will be selling the unlocked version this friday?

Col Ronson

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
Will the unlocked iphone 5s go on sale this friday?

I contacted Apple support and they told me that the announced release date for september 20th only was for the carrier version and not the unlocked.

Do you know if the apple stores will be selling the unlocked version this friday?

i was planning on doing this too but after looking around on the net it seems unlikely. Apple has never done it on launch day in the past, and combined with the fact that supplies are limited...lol yeah :-/

your only hope is to get it online at 3am EST.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.