Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
"So your fans' ability to enjoy your videos no longer has to be interrupted by something as commonplace as a morning commute."

Am I the only one who interprets this as Google encouraging watching videos while driving?

Yes you are the only one. In metro areas, people commute using trains, subways, boats, and buses.

I think it's a killer feature especially if you are about to board a plane with no wifi

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I'd settle for reliable ONline viewing! Not 5 seconds motion, 10 seconds buffer. My other video apps can keep right on streaming, adapting quality as needed--why not YouTube?

And a suggestion for Google:

You already have pre-roll full-screen ads (many non-skippable, others skippable after a timer), and you have ad strips overlaid on the bottoms of videos. Why not an ad strip across the top, too? And maybe a bar down each side, plus a little ad you have to tap through every time you show/hide the controls? You're leaving money on the table, Google! Your customers (who of course are not users, but advertisers) are crying out for more!

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
I'd sooner an option NOT to mute the audio until a video is playing so I can continue listening to my own music the way I would on my Mac while using YouTube.

I'd also like the ability to play in the background with no video so I can listen YouTube videos, not watch them, while I use safari other apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.