Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Azmontana

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2008
I deleted my entire music of my 4S to make space for installing iOS7. Now after upgrading it wont let me sync my music to my phone. I have tried over wifi, cable, auto sync, manage music manually. None of it works. Its gets to step 4 Waiting for changes to be applied and just stays there.

Anyone else have the same issue, if so help!!

Thanks in advance

jayinla

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2010
Having same issue. I thought the release of the new iTunes was supposed to fix this issue.

ja2ed

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2009
I deleted my entire music of my 4S to make space for installing iOS7. Now after upgrading it wont let me sync my music to my phone. I have tried over wifi, cable, auto sync, manage music manually. None of it works. Its gets to step 4 Waiting for changes to be applied and just stays there.

Anyone else have the same issue, if so help!!

Thanks in advance

I have the same issue!! I thought i was the only person that this happened too. I don't know whats going on because i know for sure I never had a syncing issue with iOS 6. Anyone have any advice?!

ja2ed

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2009
Had this happen to me also. I manually dragged a song to my phone, then I hit sync and it worked. Not sure why but it did. Good luck.

I also did this one by one and it worked also with my playlists. But I have over 7,000 songs. I am not going to do that one by one hoping for the best. I wish they would have a fix for this.

Natashaos

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2013
This is happening to me too. For some reason though 2 random sings have synced. There are not part of my iTunes purchases just songs ripped from cd. I cannot get the rest of them to sync either.

almostaskater62

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2007
i'm having a really bad time syncing with iOS7.
i installed the GM a few days ago and the original sync worked fine, all the music and everything went over no problem.

then two days ago i went to sync again and i got hung up on "waiting for changes to apply" with no new music making it's way over.
I restored from a backup and sync'd EVERYTHING again. this is 7,000+ songs so i really, really hate doing it.

then i went today to add some songs and it's doing it again, only this time the albums show up in the iphone, but the songs have that little stop button meaning the phone is waiting for them to come over. i really really don't want to restore AGAIN so i'm hoping someone has a fix. this is infuriating. now songs that were on the phone fine an hour ago aren't even playing.

jayinla

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2010
Getting stuck on Waiting for Changes when synching through wifi or regular. This is not good.

unknownnames

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
I have this problem too, but i find the solution.

need tick/check manually manage music and videos option

Natashaos

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2013
To update: I managed to fix mine. I went to sync music, checked off "selected playlist, artist, albums and genres."

Then down to genres and selected 3 of them and synced.
Then selected 3 more, synced and so on.

Hope this work for someone else.

almostaskater62

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2007
i had to completely restore and NOT restore from backup. Restoring from a backup seems to carry the problem with it.

i'm going to back up the phone as it is now and try to sync some new music when i get home, with fingers firmly crossed.

tcleveland

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Phone restart resolved issue

FWIW - Having same problem, 4s would not sync or backup. Shutdown phone and restarted a few minutes later and sync went as planned.

Iphone 4s syncing against Macbook Pro

ja2ed

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2009
i had to completely restore and NOT restore from backup. Restoring from a backup seems to carry the problem with it.

i'm going to back up the phone as it is now and try to sync some new music when i get home, with fingers firmly crossed.

I have tried this numerous amounts of times where I hate to start my phone on a back up or love starting it fresh and I still run into that issue. I first thought it was an iTunes issue but I'm starting to thinks it iOS 7 I have never had this issue and it worked flawlessly on iOS 6. I'm hoping they get a fix ASAP or I don't have this problem when I get my 5s

sigbiz

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2012
seems fault on final stage of syncing

As there seems two threads going on this subject within MacRumours I have posted essentially the same comment here as on the other thread.

Like some others I deleted all music to make space. No music on phone now. Switching on & off has been suggested in some places - it made no difference.

If you open iTunes on your macbook select iPhone and then sync. The free space indicator reduces at the beginning by the correct amount for the amount of music and stays at that level to the very end of the sync then suddenly jumps back to the level with no music. Seems like there is some flaw in the final stage of syncing:mad:

sigbiz

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2012
Works from playlist

As a workaround, if you create a playlist with the items and then sync the playlist it copies the songs.

ja2ed

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2009
people that are getting stuck on the waiting step, wait it out 15 min. or so, it will eventually sync your music.

I either wait it and it does nothing or this morning I tried and it would just not do anything it would finish but not sync anything

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I either wait it and it does nothing or this morning I tried and it would just not do anything it would finish but not sync anything

For me what happened was it stopped on waiting (step 6) and i waited like 10 min. finally thought it froze during sync, so I canceled it. My phone for some reason still acted like it was syncing even after it was unplugged. Once I plugged it back in I then had 22gb of other data and nothing else. I restarted my phone, and resynced it only once it got to the waiting step I left and did some other things for 15-20 min. I came back to it syncing ALL of my music once again.

after which everything worked great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.