Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danwass

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Hey everyone,

I may be the only one with this issue but I highly doubt that, given the amount of people who installed iOS7 on their iPhones early.

I have an iPhone 4s and I installed iOS7 on Sunday. I was well aware that people claimed that doing so would eliminate the possibility of syncing my phone. However, now that iOS7 is actually released, I tried connecting my iPhone to my computer and it will not appear in iTunes.

When I plug the USB into the computer (using Windows 8), it makes the sound that a device has been connected. Then nothing. It doesn't show up anywhere. Then after about 5 seconds it makes the sound that a USB device has been disconnected. Every 5 seconds following it continues to make the disconnected device sound.

I tried doing a DFU iTunes restore with no success. I received only one notification the first time and it claimed that "the last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned..."

http://i.imgur.com/6kNWQ.png

I have no idea what to do. The device is functioning perfectly. I upgraded to the most recent version of iTunes and every other possible solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.