Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robertnq

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006
San Francisco
The same icon!

Rats! I was hoping for a new look.:D

How about this? :D

itunes-ios-7-alternative-icon-256.png

mackandproud

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
Itunes 11 has been an abomination for me and I use 10 currently.

Questions:

1. does mini player have a built in volume control? Does it show elapsed track time? Does it show podcast updating? In other words, does .1 restore the full original functionality of 10's mini player?

2. for those of you who hated 11 initially, have the subsequent updates addressed your concerns?

I've updated to iOS7 now and would at some point, like to sync itunes with my phone.

I've had an extremely poor experience with itunes 11 so am extremely cautious about using it.

brothersage

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2013
itunes radio down temporarily?

So just the other day I was able to use Itunes radio with 11.1 beta2. At the moment I don't see any option to activate it. From the itunes store page it has a button which appears as if it will take me there, but to no avail nothing happens. Just a minor glitch because of server overload or something to expect permanently?:confused:

----------

Edit:

Itunes Radio is up and going now, guess someone else got tired of it and gave me their spot. Much better than pandora. And the ads are less intrusive. Better than spotify? Depends...Spotify lets me listen to a whole cd, but eventually I have to switch artists, cause as we all know, not many artists these days make complete albums... Itunes meets me in the middle of Pandora/Last.Fm and Spotify....

OldAppleUser

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2012
I hate to say it, but I don't like Apple Radio (yet).

The single biggest problem is that you CANNOT shuffle your 'stations'. This is a massive feature problem.

Also, as much as I try to stay off the station hits... Apple Radio just keeps playing the hits.

This needs some work. Hope they work on all this soon. Nice interface though. I really like that is not FLASH. Pandora really needs to dump flash.

DonutHands

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
Los Angeles
not sure about this itunes radio just yet.

made a new station. added about 10 artists. played 9 songs. then the next 3 tracks in a row were songs that had already been played.

hope it gets better.

Tarantino

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2007
Does the update allow 2 separate iTunes windows again like in iTunes 10? I cannot update until they add that functionality back in (still using 10).

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Nice update. Glad the features from the podcast up are finally in iTunes. Podcast should play continuously now and I shouldn't need my smart playlist anymore.

JPM42

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
Trying out iTunes Radio: does anyone know if it's possible in iTunes to customize it to tell it which tracks to play and not play, like in iOS? I feel like I'm missing an obvious button in front of me (which I probably am), but I can't find it. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out! Looks like the initial station I was listening to didn't provide that option, while the other ones did.

Last edited:

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
i've noticed a bug in this version;

they broke the 'view no titles' option in 'view' on 'movies'.

i always had it off so that you could only see film posters unless you opened the film for info.

now, titles are stuck in view. turning them off turns them off for a moment, but assoon as you scroll.. they appear back, some don't appear, but most do.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I thought I understood that if we were iTunes Match subscribers that using iTunes Radio would allow unlimited skips? I haven't heard any commercials but after 505 skips, I can't skip anymore until I change stations.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Itunes 11 has been an abomination for me and I use 10 currently.

Questions:

1. does mini player have a built in volume control? Does it show elapsed track time? Does it show podcast updating? In other words, does .1 restore the full original functionality of 10's mini player?

2. for those of you who hated 11 initially, have the subsequent updates addressed your concerns?

I've updated to iOS7 now and would at some point, like to sync itunes with my phone.

I've had an extremely poor experience with itunes 11 so am extremely cautious about using it.

Absolutely the same feeling here - I want to move to iOS 7 but can't stand iTunes 11...alas, it seems like there is no choice in sight.

bazaarsoft

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2005
+1 on missing iRadio in Snow Leopard

Sad that it's missing, can't really upgrade to Lion and it's my whole-house audio server... :mad:

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
Don't suppose they'll fix the issue where my album art is the size of a postage stamp on a 27" screen....

From iTunes 11.x onwards:
One way, is to play the track with the artwork, then CMD+click the thumb in the player in the top-middle of iTunes screen to see a big version. You can then also contextual menu click (usually 2 fingers on trackpad) to get full screen option. HOWEVER, you cannot full SIZE the image, if you used big high-res ones.

Still doesn't resolve the issue of NOT being able to see multiple images in 11.x though! Really bloody annoying for users who have spent the last decade adding multiple high-res images to each file!!

Gee thanks for that one Apple (not)!

wgnoyes

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
From iTunes 11.x onwards:
One way, is to play the track with the artwork, then CMD+click the thumb in the player in the top-middle of iTunes screen to see a big version. You can then also contextual menu click (usually 2 fingers on trackpad) to get full screen option. HOWEVER, you cannot full SIZE the image, if you used big high-res ones.
...!
Thanks for that! I appreciate it.

----------

If you click once on the artwork in the miniplayer, it pops out to a 2.75"x2.75" album cover. The size is adjustable too! I assume this is new?
The mini-player isn't resizable for me. But cmd-clicking on the album artwork thumbnail at the top of iTunes for something currently playing shows the graphic full-size. I just meant the thumbnail graphics of the artwork in an 'albums' view of the music library. I wish those could be resized larger, like I could with pre 11.x.

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I don't know about anyone else but iTunes Radio sucks. Not many artists are present and when you do find some they're all 2-3 year old songs or older. I had 9 tracks back to back from the 90's for Drake.

Pandora still holds the #1 spot.

fixed1t

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
Milton Keynes, UK
Fix for iTunes Error code -45054

Hi,

re: the dialogue: You do not have enough access privileges for this operation Error code -45054

A fellow musican I know had an identical issue with this and asked me to check it out. I fixed it and wrote a long set of instructions on my blog. His problem was with 10.6 but it was an update he did preparing to move to Mavericks.

I was able to reproduce the error by just removing the /Shared folder from /Users

Here is the link to the problem and the instructions on how I fixed1t

http://fixed1t-mac-support.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/fixing-itunes-you-do-not-have-enough.html

Regards fixed1t

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.