Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
I'm planning to upgrade to the iPhone 5S soon along with switching to AT&T from Sprint.

Is there any reason I shouldn't upgrade to iOS 7 on my 4S now? I'm going to be selling this phone once I switch. Would having iOS 6 help with resale values or anything like that?

I'd love to use iOS 7 and although I'm not sure when I'm going to switch, if it'll help net me an extra $20 or so I may be willing to wait.

I'm just thinking of the whole AppleTV 2 vs 3 and jailbreak thing.

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
I think I'd leave it on 6. Some people who are running the BETA are suggesting sluggish performance on the 4S with IOS7...let the buyer decide..:)

Running iOS 7 GM on my 4S and all lag has been taken care of. Apple must have worked really hard the past few weeks to speed things up.

I recommend leaving the 4S on iOS 6 since after iOS 7 is released there have been speculation that a jailbreak for the latest version of iOS 6 will be available so people looking to jailbreak can have that option.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Running iOS 7 GM on my 4S and all lag has been taken care of. Apple must have worked really hard the past few weeks to speed things up.

I recommend leaving the 4S on iOS 6 since after iOS 7 is released there have been speculation that a jailbreak for the latest version of iOS 6 will be available so people looking to jailbreak can have that option.

How long should I wait? I'm anxious to play with iOS 7 and I'm not sure when I'll be switching to AT&T. I hope sometime next week but I don't think I'll get any time to make the switch any time soon.

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
How long should I wait? I'm anxious to play with iOS 7 and I'm not sure when I'll be switching to AT&T. I hope sometime next week but I don't think I'll get any time to make the switch any time soon.

Aren't you selling the device? The advice above is for if you are selling the device. If not just update and enjoy the new physics based OS.

Jake0604

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2011
I would post an option in your listing for where ever you sell it giving the buyer the ability to choose 6 or 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.