Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac.User

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2013
Retina would make it have more fan noise since its pushing more pixels.

I'd like:
Thinner bezel
1600x900 on the 13in, 1440x900 on the 11in
16GB RAM option (I run VM's)

Thats really all I can think of.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
put the battery and cpu ect in the lid and make it detachable with touch. people who dont want touch dont have to use it or disconnect the lid.

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
LOL at the guy wishing for more battery life. This thing could last a week on a charge and you'd ask for a month.
damn-right.gif

I guess I just don't care as much about the tapered teardrop design at the $1099 price point. Seems like a waste of space design wise without any real benefit compared to the possibility of additional battery life and future improvements that it affords if they were to just flatten out the teardrop.

ItHurtsWhenIP

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2013
'Merica!
How about doing more to ensure that the SSD's don't fail after 14 months?

You're complaining about a Toshiba hard drive...2013's use SanDisk and Samsung SSDs. They apparently did try to ensure that the SSD won't fail, but they can't prevent every single one from failing.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
You're complaining about a Toshiba hard drive...2013's use SanDisk and Samsung SSDs. They apparently did try to ensure that the SSD won't fail, but they can't prevent every single one from failing.

Yes, I know mine is a marvell sandisk, and not a toshiba. That still doesn't particularly give me peace of mind since mine is a newer, relatively untried technology.

Not being able to ensure every one passes is one thing. Not listening to its customers and investigating whether or not there is a widespread, systemic problem or defect is another thing entirely.

They could handle it the same way they did the Nvidia 8600 GPU, admit there was a problem with a component from one of it's suppliers and extend the warranties appropriately.

yahoodlums

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2008
I think the Air is damn near perfect. I have the 2012 which is an awesome machine but the 2013 with all day battery just killed it.

I would say another usb3 port /or lightning, black aluminum option on unibody, matte screen option, 256gb min spec, user replaceable battery.

Mattjeff

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2008
1-Very much agree with the black Aluminum! The black looks very professional and it goes with my whole setup very well.
2-Thinner border around the screen and the black does make it nicer on the eyes while working.
3-Higher Res screen. More is better as long as it doesn't effect battery.
4-Better battery, I don't even care about the added weight. A dead computer is 100% wasted weight a slightly heavier computer just makes you a bit stronger/productive.

Cell connection is an interesting idea but I don't know how I would feel with prices.

OrangeInc

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2013
i'd actually like it to have a black bezel around the screen similar to the macbook pro. Also, more user-friendly in terms of D.I.Y. upgrades although I know that's tough for something so thin.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Am I the only guy who likes the metal bezel?

Nope. I like the silver bezel too. And the size of the bezel, while somewhat large, doesn't really bother me: I've long understood why it needs to be that large.

DeNachtwacht

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2012
Nope. I like the silver bezel too. And the size of the bezel, while somewhat large, doesn't really bother me: I've long understood why it needs to be that large.
New technologies as seen in TV' s show that the edges could be a bit slimmer though. I'd like to see that, a MBA which is 1cm smaller in width and height, while still being 13,3 inch. And the second improvement: retina display ;).

With the same battery life as the 2013 MBA this would be the new perfect MBA. But untill then, I'll stick to my 2010 MBA since it's enough for my demands...

ItHurtsWhenIP

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2013
'Merica!
New technologies as seen in TV' s show that the edges could be a bit slimmer though. I'd like to see that, a MBA which is 1cm smaller in width and height, while still being 13,3 inch. And the second improvement: retina display ;).

With the same battery life as the 2013 MBA this would be the new perfect MBA. But untill then, I'll stick to my 2010 MBA since it's enough for my demands...

I must have missed the release of the new TVs that need to fold shut like a laptop..:rolleyes:

Tysknaden

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2013
This is a little excentric: But I do not like real keyboards. I personally would prefer a second, smaller screen with a virtual keyboard.
Improved resolution would be nice.
Increasing battery endurance for a mobile device is something, which cannot stop, but has to go even further, than it already went.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.