Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ormonster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Massachusetts
I am currently 1 year into my contract since I got the 16gb iPhone 5 when it came out. I would really like to get a 32gb 5S.

I only have an individual account which I have had for years. Is it possible or feasible to get another line for my account so that I will have upgradeable phone every year or should I just pay the extra $250 for the "discounted" price on the new phone. I do not have any family or shared option on my account Thanks

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Yes, by converting your account to a two-line family plan.

Work out the numbers to decide if you'd be better off paying for a family plan to get every year upgrades, remembering each line gets all the pesky fees and taxes (~$3-4/mo). See how that cost relates to the cost of merely buying the new phone at full price every other year.

Ormonster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Massachusetts
Thanks for the reply. After some more thinking and research I'm just going to pay the extra $250 for the 5S then sell my 5 for $319 at nextworth.com. This seems to be the easiest way to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.