Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has taken its Asia-Pacific online stores offline for the time being, preparing for the launch of iPhone 5s orders in several markets there. Unlike with the iPhone 5c pre-order launch last week which took place at a uniform 12:01 AM Pacific Time, the iPhone 5s online order launches are staggered around the world in order to accommodate the in-store launches happening in many of the same countries at 8:00 AM local time.

iphone_5s_asian_stores_offline.jpg
The first online orders for the iPhone 5s should be going live in those Asian countries (Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore) in about two and a half hours, as Apple had notified its Australian customers that orders would begin at 2:01 AM Australian Eastern Standard Time.

Other markets will see similar overnight launches for online orders, with Apple having informed UK customers that orders would begin at 12:01 AM British Summer Time and U.S. customers that orders would begin at 12:01 AM Pacific Time.

Article Link: Apple's Asia-Pacific Online Stores Go Down Ahead of Staggered iPhone 5s Order Launches

sshambles

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2005
Australia
Here's to hoping the orders far exceed what is expected so the stock prices reflect what they were prior to the iPhone 5. The Touch Id really will be a game changer for mobile devices. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

JamonBull

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Australia
So. Excited. So this means the iPhone 5s will be for sale in two hours time on the Australian Apple Store. I'll go back to sleep now and set my alarm to wake me just in time. Just hoping I haven't miscalculated haha!

ekrueger24

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
London, UK
I think I feel the whole of the world (the ones who are going to order the 5S online anyway) wait with bated breath and an itchy finger on the reload button for when the phones go on sale in their location. I know I am.

It is a race against the servers.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
It will be interesting to see how this is handled in other countries as it is still not totally clear how Apple is going to be rolling this all out for the iPhone 5S. I think it would be great if they allowed order online for in store pick-up, but I kind of doubt it. And if one does pre-order for delivery, I am wondering when they will get to their destination.

Of course what do I really care, this is for my wife anyways...:p

blahbrah

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2006
I think I feel the whole of the world (the ones who are going to order the 5S online anyway) wait with bated breath and an itchy finger on the reload button for when the phones go on sale in their location. I know I am.

It is a race against the servers.

Yeah I wonder if this will make things go smoother in all countries with the scaled roll out.

croooow

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2004
Apple is the only company I know whose entire site goes down whenever they add new products.

You know that is done for show, it is more exciting when the site comes back online with new items, rather than those items just popping up.

Apple is all about presentation

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
You know that is done for show, it is more exciting when the site comes back online with new items, rather than those items just popping up.

Apple is all about presentation

Never thought about it that way but it's actually kind of smart. This way when it's down it gets people talking I guess.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
[url=http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Apple has taken its Asia-Pacific online stores offline for the time being, preparing for the launch of iPhone 5s orders in several markets there. Unlike with the iPhone 5c pre-order launch last week which took place at a uniform 12:01 AM Pacific Time, the iPhone 5s online order launches are staggered around the world in order to accommodate the in-store launches happening in many of the same countries at 8:00 AM local time.

The first online orders for the iPhone 5s should be going live in those Asian countries (Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore) in about two and a half hours, as Apple had notified its Australian customers that orders would begin at 2:01 AM Australian Eastern Standard Time.

Other markets will see similar overnight launches for online orders, with Apple having informed UK customers that orders would begin at 12:01 AM British Summer Time and U.S. customers that orders would begin at 12:01 AM Pacific Time.

Article Link: Apple's Asia-Pacific Online Stores Go Down Ahead of Staggered iPhone 5s Order Launches

Last time I checked, Australia is not considered in Asia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.